• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Gdt | Bob and Ilya Russian man love

8 goals for Matthews seems pretty damn doable.
My only concern is that he'll have to do it in 7 games, not 8. Last game is gonna be meaningless and back to back. He'll be rested just as him and Marner were last year (despite Mitch being 1 point away from 100). Doable but tough.

I hope so. I don't see it though on a back to back with playoffs beginning likely a few days later. I wouldn't even hate the decision tbh. Would look pretty awful if he blows out his wrist or something in that game. The goal is the cup after all.

Yeah, scoring 66 or more would be fine by me. Would be the best goal scoring season since Mario in 95-96.

It was kind of galling seeing a fucking Bruin and McDavid follow up Matthews' first 60-goal season by each scoring more goals the very next year. Felt like it knocked a bit of lustre off Auston's accomplishment.

So, nice to see him come right back and easily cruise past Pastrnak's 61. And I definitely want to see him pass McDavid (64) and Ovechkin (65), so 66 is the next total I'm rooting for.

I hope so. I don't see it though on a back to back with playoffs beginning likely a few days later. I wouldn't even hate the decision tbh. Would look pretty awful if he blows out his wrist or something in that game. The goal is the cup after all.
He can’t score in the playoffs so might as well gun for 70

Oh further review, the kid line got rooked for 2 of those 3rd period goals.

And Sammy let in some real stinkers.

Back