• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes at Golden Knights 12/12 ... 10:00 EST

cmaleski2

Canes finally catch a break here at game 5 of the season long roadie, facing the new hapless Vegas expansion team. Vegas, as expected, is dead last in the Pacific division, managing only 5 wins so fa.....wait a sec.....WTF!?!?!?!?!

4-1 Golden Knights.

HeyKurtz

Canes finally catch a break here at game 5 of the season long roadie, facing the new hapless Vegas expansion team. Vegas, as expected, is dead last in the Pacific division, managing only 5 wins so fa.....wait a sec.....WTF!?!?!?!?!

4-1 Golden Knights.

GDT Starter of the Year!

JamesNorthern

Actually knowing the Canes, we'll win this one, Peters will be lauded as the second coming of Christ and all will be well in Canes land again.

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Halfway through the 2nd and Golden Knights legends Marcus Kruger and TVR have scored for the Canes. 2-1 good guys.

TheBigKahuna

Only caught part of the 1st period. Saw Fluery give up a Darling type goal.

Shocked to see Cam win a shootout. Who did Peters send out there to shoot?

Boardwork

I watched the whole thing. It is so disappointing to realize that I've resorted (and this is he last several years) to hoping for a loss to trigger some type of change. McGinn and DiGiuseppe scored the Canes shootout goals. Aho, Slavin, and Faulk (!?!) missed

After watching Vegas a couple of times, I truly wish that when Rowe fired Gallant, Ronnie would have told him, "you don't need a cab--stay here and be our coach" That team plays hard and pretty smart.

JamesNorthern

I watched the whole thing. It is so disappointing to realize that I've resorted (and this is he last several years) to hoping for a loss to trigger some type of change. McGinn and DiGiuseppe scored the Canes shootout goals. Aho, Slavin, and Faulk (!?!) missed

After watching Vegas a couple of times, I truly wish that when Rowe fired Gallant, Ronnie would have told him, "you don't need a cab--stay here and be our coach" That team plays hard and pretty smart.

Yo dude - I like the Knights game. Seems built north south attack, lots of speed. I dunno if 'the real' deal applies here, but they have assembled a very good 1st season.

SlapShots

I don't know when I've been more surprise-- Doug Jones winning in Alabama or the Hurricanes beating Vegas in the shoot out with Ward in net! Let's just say both made for a good night!

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Actually knowing the Canes, we'll win this one, Peters will be lauded as the second coming of Christ and all will be well in Canes land again.

Patience grasshopper. They'll win in Buffalo, Peters will be publicly lauded by the press minions, and then they'll return home and blow a 3 goal lead against Columbus ... again.

Yeah ... I'm not sure that coaching style is really designed to last, but Gallant is certainly capable of whipping a team into a frenzy for a season or so. He reminds me of Lavi early in his career ... before he learned how to temper things and stick around awhile.

Last edited:

bagopux

And congrats to Cam on his 300th career NHL win... the 32nd in league history to do so!

Cam's 1st NHL win was also a 3-2 shootout. Trivia: Who remembers the three shooters that he stopped?

In other news, Zarley Zalapski died. Age 49. No cause of death was given.