• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Blackhawks 3/30 7:30

Clutch and Grab is back tonight..
Little over 5m to go.
and it ends 2-1
somehow the Blackhawks who never Trailed won a come from behind victory.

Last edited:
POS effort. Out of synch and lost damn near every puck battle after the first. And yes, they threw a lot of rubber in the first but not high danger stuff. Suck it up and bring a different game in two days.

Last edited:
It's scary how much the Hawks can bottle us up at times.
Doesn't' help us that the Ice seems bad and they seem to be able to interfere at will.
But We need to adjust if the Refs are not going to call it.
Also Pesce Blew it on the second goal.. I'd have liked Ned to get the first but the second was all Pesce.. :(

I was worried about the effusive praise from announcers being the kiss of death, especially when we failed to score during a dominant 1st period. Chicago did a great job of boxing us out and we had no good scoring chances in the 3rd. We could have ended the evening in 1st place but ended up in 3rd place. Oh well, get it together for Thursday's game, boys!

Almost seems like when things seem easy (1st period) we change our game to want to just blitz them in a wide open style. Then when the other team adjusts to that it seems like we can’t find our game. Almost wondering at this point if teams are doing that to us on purpose. Give us something that’s not our bread and butter and when accept the bait, take it away.

Not sure who the broadcasters have been watching but the idea that the our strategy is to score on the rush with elite skill isn’t accurate. We work for our goals and when we don’t - last night happens. Seems like they expected it to be easy, it seemed easy and then it wasn’t and we never worked.

Yeah ... that game was 50 kinds of disjointed. I've honestly not seen Chicago try to turtle on a lead this season, so that was a bit of a surprise ... but Carolina's reaction seemed to be expecting them to wilt under pressure and they just never did. Kudos to them for hanging in there, but the Canes never rally got into the kind of game required to beat the trap until after Chicago got comfortable with their impersonation of the Islanders.

Meh. Sometimes you lose because you play like crap and sometimes you lose because you don't adjust tactically. Either way you lose.

Back