• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Blackhawks 4/1 8:00 PM

HeyKurtz

The Canes hope to bounce back from what was among the most disappointing losses of the season on Tuesday night with a rematch against Chicago. Despite the return of Vincent Trocheck to the line-up, the boys apparently struggled with a letdown on Tuesday night after their outstanding victory over the Lightning in their previous game. Hopefully, they will show up with a full three-period effort tonight, their second consecutive game on national TV.

This starts a pretty rough stretch with the Canes set to play 16 games over the next 29 games.

No news yet on the line-up, but I would expect Reimer between the pipes tonight. There's also rumors of Mrazek getting a conditioning start for the Wolves in their afternoon game today.

Puck drop is at 8PM...again, a reminder than the game is on NBCSN.

Thank you ... now I can delete the GDT I started. I don't want to jinx a perfectly good season by getting back into that racquet after avoiding it so far.

The thing I'm curious to see tonight is whether or not Chicago will go back to the neutral zone trap after spending all season playing a more pressurized style. That was a serious curve ball that Carolina never really solved on Tuesday, so I'm interested to see if they keep it up ... and to see if it works once the element of surprise is removed.

Per Michael Smith...the lines are apparently going into the Blend-O-Matic...

FORWARDS

McGinn-Aho-Necas
Svechnikov-Trocheck-Fast
Niederreiter-Staal-Foegle
Paquette-Lorentz-Martinook

DEFENSEMEN

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Fleury-Bean

No confirmation as of 3PM on starting goalie.

Back