• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Islanders 4/21 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes can take a stranglehold on the series.

No morning skate today, so we can only guess at the lineup. But after his comments yesterday, Raanta is in goal. RBA will have media availability at 4:40.

The Islanders host their first playoff game at UBS Arena. Should be a crazy atmosphere. Lambert gets last change, so Barzal’s group should see a lot less of Staal’s line. It makes the Canes forward shuffling that much more important.

Bally’s Sports South and TBS for TV tonight. I’ll be at Brewgaloo.

Here is how the Islanders are lined up this morning

Lee-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Parise-Pageau-Fasching
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Sorokin is in the starter’s crease. And Alexander Romanov is “heavily involved” with the dmen, he might be in tonight. He’s been out since suffering an upper body injury on April 1.

After Wednesday’s whine-fest from Lambert, expect the Canes to be called early and often by this crew

Referees:
TJ Luxmore #21, Dan O’Rourke #9

Linesmen:
Brad Kovachik #71, Kyle Flemington #55

The standby official is Wes McCauley, the series supervisor is Dan O’Halloran. Luxmore and O’Rourke worked game 1 of Stars/Wild

TJ Luxmore is going to get sucked right into the home crowd pressure.
I'd bet that O'Rourke will be the active whistle tonight while that dipstick gets relegated to just in case mode. Dan can be just as bad, but is less likely to get completely buckled by the crowd.

FYI. This is why I get frustrated during the regular season when we’re not hitting our potential.

I hate losing and the thought of it and thus close games are very stressful.

I know it’s a character flaw. I know I should love entertaining close exhilarating games but I don’t. The only thing better than an 8-0 win would be a 9-0 win and it keeps getting better the bigger that margin.

And I hate our guys getting hurt. And the players on other teams are hideous looking people whose mothers probably had to look away from.

I know. I need help. 😂👊🏆

Back