• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Lightning 2/25 7:00

F’ing unbelievable how many chances the Canes did not cash in tonight and suddenly they are behind. I swear Curtis Mac has been out of position and flopping around half the night and the Canes just keep shooting blanks.

Svech is also fighting it, he loves that cross ice pass on the pp and he’s not fooling anyone, he’s simply too valuable to waste on the outside perimeter, get him to the net.

Penalties, icings, turnovers, get the snot hit out of them. Not good. I guess it's not helping that TB is showing why they won the Cup last season. They play with much more intensity that the Canes do.

PP one right now is about as threatening as a 2 yr old facing Prime Mike Tyson. Partly since Aho isn't really a threat to shoot.

Canes we’re getting by with the great secondary scoring from Nino, McGinn, Trochek and Staal...now that has dried up and you need the big boys to step up and that just isn’t happening. Turbo needs to heal up quick!

Dougie's bad, Aho's bad, Svech is meh, Turbo's injured, and as Canada mentioned, the "secondary" scoring has dried up. Bad look against the defending champs over the past few games.

Shane's drunk, calling this a 60 minute game.

This game was lost in the first two periods, should have been 3-1 Canes and a comfortable lead and they simply didn’t finish the job, this one was a game you needed to have. Tonight reminded me of the Canes of the past when they use to have chance after chance and just couldn’t finish.

I don't know how many soft, no-look passes we made that were easy take-aways tonight. We had a great first period, but all of a sudden we can't score goals. I think it started when I read Sara Civ's article from last week about how well the Canes were lighting it up with goals so far this season. I knew when I read that we were doomed to a goal slump.

Part of it seems to be when teams rough us up a bit we respond by wilting and go into a shell. and keep trying to score from the outside instead of in front of the net. We also make more stupid D zone plays.. and O zone plays.

You better not be looking for your game against TB. You’re unlikely to find it. Dougie has been useless all season. He cost himself millions at this point.

Back