• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Panthers 5/24 8:00

One thing the nhl could do is put some limits on the equipment get rid of the steel like should pads, elbow pads etc. and use padding for protection rather than weapons.

I'm no expert on this, but I think trying to calculate intent of the hitter is a pipe dream (even though we know Bennet is a douchebag that relishes hurting people). The only way to stop it is to penalize any hit to the head for any reason - no matter the hitter's intention or what the player getting hit is doing. What is clearly inappropriate would be penalized more harshly - that's subjective but I think we know it when we see it.

The only way to stop it is to penalize any hit to the head for any reason - no matter the hitter's intention or what the player getting hit is doing. What is clearly inappropriate would be penalized more harshly - that's subjective but I think we know it when we see it.

Do it like college football. Call every single shot to the head as a penalty. Have someone in the video review room look at it right away and send a "yes it was true head shot" or a "no, the guy ducked his head at the last second" or "yep, the guy was in a defenseless position" *IF* you're truly serious about player health and safety, this is the only way to deal with it. But, as stated a million times around these parts in just the last week alone, the NHL does not take player health and safety seriously.

I know most fans hate it, but I like the NFL rule on hitting players that are in a defenseless position. Have that same rule trickle all the way down through the youth leagues.
The LAST thing this league and it's low IQ officials need is more judgement calls by the officials. If it's not black and white, it will only lead to more debates.

I missed the intro to the Dallas game tonight due to the bar being too loud; anybody see the discussion they were having about our game last night? Messier and company were chatting about it.
And yes, my Manhattan was good enough to miss the conversation 😊

I missed the intro to the Dallas game tonight due to the bar being too loud; anybody see the discussion they were having about our game last night? Messier and company were chatting about it.
And yes, my Manhattan was good enough to miss the conversation 😊
A very bad Manhattan is good enough to miss the conversation. But I’m not sure what a bad Manhattan would be. No vermouth and really bad bourbon/rye?

So, is the answer to force the officials to drink questionable Manhattans before the game and between periods?....It would probably up the entertainment quotient if nothing else. Yes?/ No?/ Maybe?

Jim

Why search for a bad Manhattan? I keep playing around with the proportions on my version. The last was 3 oz. of Bulleit rye and 3/4 oz of sweet vermouth.

I had a couple of Negronis at my home bar.
Gotta go in the old fashioned direction. “Old Man and the Boy” style.

I leave that out usually. Orange/cherry/bitters/muddle/ice/Buffalo Trace or Basil Hayden. Rye or Bourbon depending on the mood.
Cherry bitters, cherry liqueur or luxardo/maraschino cherry?

And where did you find Buffalo Trace? As far as I know, it’s on allocation, like Blanton’s.

Cherry bitters, cherry liqueur or luxardo/maraschino cherry?

And where did you find Buffalo Trace? As far as I know, it’s on allocation, like Blanton’s.
I use different kinds of bitters:
-Angostura is the default.
-Fee Brothers - their walnut is very nice but also Orange and Cherry.
-Old Forrester Hummingbird which is a Rose and Citrus

I also use different kinds of cherries:
-Trader Joe’s Pitted Amarena Cherries
-Tillen Farms -Bada Bing
-Tillen Farms -Merry Maraschino
-I like Luxardo but hard to find here.

Buffalo Trace…. Well I live in Carteret and there’s a group of us that watch for it. I also have friends and family who live or travel out of state and bring me presents.

Old Forrester 86 Proof is also a pretty good cheaper and available option.

Angels Envy is very nice.
Woodford Reserve too

Back