• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Preds 2/18, 8:00

Brind'Amour being "respectful" by playing the 2nd power play unit in the waning minutes...

Glad the Canes came out on the right side of this one... I do want to see Bean but don't want our guys injured..

Most complete game all year in my opinion, when they play like that they are hard to beat.
Certainly one of the best overall team efforts that we've seen in a while. For once, we could talk about a LOT of players stepping up and playing like we expect they should be playing. But I'm still amazed at watching the SAT line buzz around - it looks deadly on almost every shift.

Yeah ... I mentioned before that I wondered what Hynes had done to tweak Nashville to his preferred systems, and it looks like he's pretty much de-fanged them. They still play at the same pace, but without the Lavi tenacity on the forecheck as they look to trap more in the middle of the ice. They let the Canes get a running start on the zone exits and the game went supersonic pretty much straight away. That plays right into Carolina's hands. I know the leadership is really trying to push the guys to play quicker and get to the possession game sooner in shifts, and yeah ... that's what it looks like when they get on the front foot. I thought it was a big deal that Staal's line scored first. He and Williams need to lead from the front a bit, and that's a good start. Mrazek needed that as well. Most of Nashville's quality chances ended up being stuff the keeper had a clean look at, and he was up to the test.

Let's hope Fleury's issue is minor. I hate to see that kind finally find his game only to get hurt.

BTW ... in case anyone was wondering, the Canes are back on pace for 100 points which is looking more and more like the magic number in the East. That would put them in one of the two wildcards, depending on tie breaks with the Flyers. Columbus is the odd man out ... again, simply projecting points per game played through the 82 game schedule ... aka, the real standings.

BTW ... in case anyone was wondering, the Canes are back on pace for 100 points which is looking more and more like the magic number in the East. That would put them in one of the two wildcards, depending on tie breaks with the Flyers. Columbus is the odd man out ... again, simply projecting points per game played through the 82 game schedule ... aka, the real standings.

All those games against the Pens are going to be tough for the Canes, the Pens continue to get hit hard by the injury bug and keep plugging along. Last night against the Leafs I had never heard of about half the forwards the Penguins had in their lineup yet Sullivan keeps them chugging along.

Well, Malkin, Crosby, Letang and Sullivan. It absolutely helps to have three generational talents even if the rest of the roster is a mess.

All those games against the Pens are going to be tough for the Canes, the Pens continue to get hit hard by the injury bug and keep plugging along. Last night against the Leafs I had never heard of about half the forwards the Penguins had in their lineup yet Sullivan keeps them chugging along.
Crosby was a friggin beast last night and would have made anyone look good. When Cindy is playing like that he’s truly one of the best to lace ‘em up. Oh, and Toronto’s defense suxxxxxxxxxxx

Back