• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Red Wings 10/25 7:30

cmaleski2

Canes close out the 6 game roadie at the Joe, our final regular season visit there. 7:30 PM start Fox Sports Carolinas

Yesterday it was noted by Bill Peters via Chip that Skinner was banged up and his status for this game is uncertain. We will know more after the morning skate today.

Canes really could use a win here, 2-2-2 will look a heck of a lot better than 1-3-2 tomorrow.

I think the World Series may have a bit of an edge on this one.

+1. But I'll probably be at my desk tonight so thinking I'll have 2 windows up on my TWC app and switch the sound over to the Canes between innings. At least until we go up 2 goals, then I'll turn it off because I know how that story ends.

Canes really could use a win here, 2-2-2 will look a heck of a lot better than 1-3-2 tomorrow.

You know what? For all the bitching and moaning locally, if you'd have told me before the season started that they would come back for the home opener at perfect NHL .500 I'd have signed up. 2-2-2 wouldn't be bad, all things considered.

You know what? For all the bitching and moaning locally, if you'd have told me before the season started that they would come back for the home opener at perfect NHL .500 I'd have signed up. 2-2-2 wouldn't be bad, all things considered.

2-2-2 after a long 6 game roadie definitely would feel like some sort of a decent start...but boy 1-3-2 looks real ugly. I know it's only a difference of one win but it just seems like tonight is a game the Canes have to have both on paper and in their heads for a positive vibe moving forward.

I'll be at the PNC on opening night, but a win tonight would really help lift my enthusiasm for this team. Otherwise, it will feel like the same old rinse, repeat.

Skinner not in the morning skate.

Stalberg/Rask/Stempniak
Norstrom/Staal/Aho
Teravainen/Lindholm/PDG
Nestrasil/McClement/Frk

Slavin/Faulk
Hainsey/Pesce
Hanifin/Nakladal

Ward in goal.

Well if the Canes are able to control this game I could see those lines skating the entire game. If we fall behind then Frk sure as heck better be bubbling up to those top 3 lines. I can guarantee you that Frk hasn't 'been able to score goals everywhere he has been' skating with a 4th line checking center. I feel bad for him because I'm sure he saw this as an opportunity to finally get some NHL playing time. Instead he is going to play every 3rd or 4th game skating with a center that has no offensive game at all. At least he gets an NHL paycheck for his troubles. We sure are not doing Frk's development any favors.

Last edited:
Poor Noah Hanifin. Get's stuck with Smurphy in pre-season. Now playing with Dahl & Nakl Spellcheck. What's wrong with he and Pesce as a tandem? Hanfin's play thus far has been subpar for sure, but look who he's been paired with. This can't be good for the kid's confidence.

Poor Noah Hanifin. Get's stuck with Smurphy in pre-season. Now playing with Dahl & Nakl Spellcheck. What's wrong with he and Pesce as a tandem? Hanfin's play thus far has been subpar for sure, but look who he's been paired with. This can't be good for the kid's confidence.

I agree, Hanafin on Saturday was bloody awful...when he was not taking silly penalty after silly penalty he was either worrying too much about covering for Dahlbeck or out of position and scrambling to get back into the defensive zone. The kid is still really young and raw and should not be thrown on that third pairing with guys that are just grasping the Canes systems.

Skinner not in the morning skate.

Stalberg/Rask/Stempniak
Norstrom/Staal/Aho
Teravainen/Lindholm/PDG
Nestrasil/McClement/Frk

Do not like. Stalberg isn't going to add anything to that line. Since Stempniak and Stalberg can both play either side, I'd have much rather seen DiGuiseppe get Skinners slot on that line with Stempy and Rask and Frk slide in on Lindy's line. That keeps the offensive mindset intact, IMO.

I agree, Hanafin on Saturday was bloody awful...when he was not taking silly penalty after silly penalty he was either worrying too much about covering for Dahlbeck or out of position and scrambling to get back into the defensive zone. The kid is still really young and raw and should not be thrown on that third pairing with guys that are just grasping the Canes systems.

Nakladal has less NHL game experience than Hanifin if I am correct no? Maybe even both? The point is either of the new guys are pretty innexperienced themselves. Maybe Dahlbeck gets the edge but... anyway. Wyz can you skate??

Nakladal has less NHL game experience than Hanifin if I am correct no? Maybe even both? The point is either of the new guys are pretty innexperienced themselves. Maybe Dahlbeck gets the edge but... anyway. Wyz can you skate??

Dahlbeck - 98 games
Hanifin - 84 games
Pesce - 74 games
Slavin - 68 games
Nakladal - 28 games. But he also has 161 games in the Czech League, 117 in the KHL and 50 in the Finnish Elite League.

Shocker! Tripp announces Carolina's goal tending is 29th in the league...and with that, Detroit up 2-0

:toilet::toilet:

Back