• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Blue Jackets 3/18 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes open a 4 game set with Columbus.

Coming off a completely dark day, we’ll have to wait until,the morning skate to see about Foegele’s availability. That should be the only lineup change, although for some reason Gardiner was recalled from the taxi squad yesterday.

Expected to be in the mix for the playoffs, the Jackets are 5th, 4 points behind Chicago and 12 behind the Canes, with 29 points in 30 games. With Dallas, they lead the league with 7 loser points. They're 3-5-2 in their last 10. Their numbers are bad, 25th on the PP, 28th on the PK, 23rd in goals for and against per game. Canes killer Cam Atkinson leads with 11 goals, Jack Roslovic has 14 assists. Alexander Texier is in the Covid protocol and didn’t practice yesterday. Neither Korpisalo or Merzlikins has been good in goal, both have GAA over 3.00 and save % of .908 and .899, respectively. Coming off a 3 day break, we’ll probably see Korpisalo, he’s started 21 of their 30 games.

...although for some reason Gardiner was recalled from the taxi squad yesterday.
I wonder if the option of rolling seven D-men is on the table.
See my post in the Canes news thread. Its POSSIBLE that the Canes could play 7 dmen tonight, but I believe yesterday's taxi squad moves were all about $$$$$$$ (the real cash kind, not cap space).

The Canes open a 4 game set with Columbus.

Coming off a completely dark day, we’ll have to wait until,the morning skate to see about Foegele’s availability. That should be the only lineup change, although for some reason Gardiner was recalled from the taxi squad yesterday.

Expected to be in the mix for the playoffs, the Jackets are 5th, 4 points behind Chicago and 12 behind the Canes, with 29 points in 30 games. With Dallas, they lead the league with 7 loser points. They're 3-5-2 in their last 10. Their numbers are bad, 25th on the PP, 28th on the PK, 23rd in goals for and against per game. Canes killer Cam Atkinson leads with 11 goals, Jack Roslovic has 14 assists. Alexander Texier is in the Covid protocol and didn’t practice yesterday. Neither Korpisalo or Merzlikins has been good in goal, both have GAA over 3.00 and save % of .908 and .899, respectively. Coming off a 3 day break, we’ll probably see Korpisalo, he’s started 21 of their 30 games.
Maybe run 11-7?
This time it's @HeyKurtz beating me

I hope not. Surely they would listen to their analytical people, because 7 D is a recipe for failure for virtually every team, ever.
Michael Smith says Foegele is in the lineup. Ned in goal.

Niederreiter-Aho-Necas
Svechnikov-Staal-Fast
McGinn-Martinook-Foegele
Paquette-Geekie-Lorentz

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Fleury-Bean

Mrazek, Trocheck and Turbo all skated before the rest of the team came out. So maybe we’re close? I guess it depends on the practice schedule the first 3 against the Jackets are every other night and then a 2 day break between Monday and Thursday.

"Glad Foefeel" is now an official inductee to the Hall of Legendary Canes ... this decision is final and irrevocable
I typed Foefeel on my iPhone when I posted the lineup and it was autocorrected to Foegele. But it remained Foefeel on my iPad. So glad one of my typos has made it to the Hall.

Stagnut, meatloaf dispute, pissing on shoes...the trifecta of this board!
I’m still said that we lost the FAQ post during an update.

I think “meatloaf dispute” came from HankClerval. He dropped off the board in disgust after Boychuk was sent down one time. He joined in 2011 when we migrated here but hasn’t even visited since 2013.

I typed Foefeel on my iPhone when I posted the lineup and it was autocorrected to Foegele. But it remained Foefeel on my iPad. So glad one of my typos has made it to the Hall.
It's a great honor, no doubt. We should get a signature blazer

C'mon guys ... the real FAQ is the friends we make along the way. Plus, "Polar's Word" is still in regular rotation and I feel like the presence of Jesper Fast could resurrect "Stockholm Infested"

Back