• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Boston 8/16 12:00 pm

That knee is going to swell so much they probably won't be able to get an MRI for a week.

That is just so awful to watch, nothing good is going to come from that injury, that’s a long term one no matter how you slice it.

All I care about now is the news about Svech.. Unless a miracle happens he's out for the playoffs. :(
edit: Looking again (ugh.. 8-9 months is my expectation.. )

need some serious changes or we‘re done here. bruins are very well coached team and made us look like crap today. Geekie is overmatched (understandable) and I’d bring EDY back in for TVR.

Chara got his leg behind Svech's and shouldered him from the front. looks like he (Svech) toe picked and went down bad. I doubt Chara meant to do anything but get him to the ice but..

I dunno about changes so much as the Canes need to get about 8 guys to get back on the horse and start playing hockey again. Too many passengers, too many fumbled pucks, too many positioning errors ... just a bad team game all around today. Forget Boston, you won't beat much of anybody playing like that.

Well, this just sucks. We were outplayed and couldn't generate any consistent zone entry. Our passing was slow and awful and twhen we we did get it in, the time we spent in the offensive zone was only a few seconds before the Bruins kicked it out and started moving the other way. I was totally against pulling our goalie since we weren't able to move the puck all game, but I guess we had no choice. The fact that Svech appears out for the remainder just makes this whole situation unbearable. Did I say this sucks?

Chara got his leg behind Svech's and shouldered him from the front. looks like he (Svech) toe picked and went down bad. I doubt Chara meant to do anything but get him to the ice but..
Yeah ... and you know it's not great when you can't decide whether it's more likely to be a knee issue or an ankle issue. Could be either ... could be both. Ugh

I couldn’t care less about this Covid Cup now when you think about the long term implications of a devastating Svech injury that could stretch into next season and the kids future ahead.

F Chara. I think we've seen enough of his elbows, etc. over the years. Hope someone will hip check his knee into a pretzel next game.

I couldn’t care less about this Covid Cup now when you think about the long term implications of a devastating Svech injury that could stretch into next season and the kids future ahead.
We'll have to wait and see how bad it is ... and what it is. That could literally result in pretty much anything from a blown knee to a sprained ankle to general soreness.

It wasn't a penalty and Chara did nothing at all wrong on the play. Svech was just trying to spin away from Chara.

Back