• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 10/15 7:00

Robinson runs hot and cold offensively, which is why he's cheap depth and not an All Star. Good for Carolina, he's dead useful in other ways while he's pitchforking the puck wide. He adds quality and experience to the depth lines and while the Canes don't have the scoring depth they've had in the past,they do have guys who can play the system up and down the lineup. Plus, the only two guys they're hiding on the PK are Ghost and Blake. That's a big advantage as the grind starts to wear teams down.

The Canes also have to have the best skating blueline group in the league. The only guy who's not a burner is Burns and he holds his own by remaining stupidly athletic for an old fart. It's nice that they're never really out of a play, and a big change from having a reliable but slow-ish shutdown pair the last couple of years.

Last edited:
He plays bigger than he is, he’s listed at 6’2”. But he was dueling with Dougie last night and swallowed him whole. We know Dougie isn’t the most physical guy on the ice, but he’s a big guy. And Robinson just ate him up.
Dougie's not had a ton of luck with the Canes since he left. They know he's vastly better in space, so they know to get right up in his kitchen ... not always so much in a physical way, but more to keep him from using that reach. Jarvis got inside and stripped him a couple of times too ... without so much as touching him.

Dougie's not had a ton of luck with the Canes since he left. They know he's vastly better in space, so they know to get right up in his kitchen ... not always so much in a physical way, but more to keep him from using that reach. Jarvis got inside and stripped him a couple of times too ... without so much as touching him.
His buddy Svech stole his lunch money in the corner on the sequence that ended with Jarvis’ goal too. All I thought about was the video of them and Foegele on scooters around North Hills. A few seconds later, the lamp was lit.

Yeah ... familiarity can be a tricky business. I saw Dougie strip Aho on a "oh, I know that move" sequence as well. I'll be interesting to see what the boys have learned about Pesce and Skjei later on down the line.

Back