• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 11/2 7:00

Better get that one out of our system and get back to our game on Tuesday. That was pretty stinky stuff tonight.

If you are looking to pull the plug on Reimer, Forsberg has been the better goalie so far for the Checkers but hardly anything to get too excited about. Ned seems to have at least stopped the bleeding with a 2-1 OT loss last night, he has been better his past 2 games.

Last edited:
Very disappointing game, but at least it was a team effort - pretty much everyone sucked. I couldn't believe how bad our passing was - we couldn't seem to string a couple of crisp passes together. Everyone, I mean everyone, looked bad in this game. Bad performances happen, so let's hope this serves as a wake-up call. Even poor teams can eat your lunch if you let them.

Reimer was poor, but the whole team in the second and third periods looked out of gas. I know it was the third in four days, but they were well rested before that and there are more coming. They HAVE to be better prepared than than that.

Reimer was indeed bad, and has been bad in his last two starts. I'll give him a pass on the one before that, but you may as well call a spade a spade with his last two efforts. They were not up to NHL standards, and everybody involved knows it so it's no good shouting from rooftops. He'll either improve or they'll get somebody else up to do that job. It's fairly simple.

That said, Reimer wasn't the biggest problem last night. A persistent lack of patience with the puck was a much bigger issue. They found the going fairly easy once they cracked NJ's trap but simply weren't able or willing to put in the effort to do that with enough regularity to blow the Devils out of the game like they probably should have. Compound that with some structural breakdowns in their own end and you get a loss to a not great team. That said, New Jersey is nowhere near as bad as their record so let's not get crazy. I'm more concerned about the repeated failures to crack even the most rudimentary neutral zone traps this season. It's not like you aren't going to see a lot of them, considering well over half the league uses a trap of some sort. Figure it out, boys.

Back