• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Lightning 2/22 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Second verse, same as the first.

The Canws played their most complete game of the season on Saturday, shutting out the Lightning 4-0. Ned picked up his first career shutout, in his 10th start, Svech got off the goal scoring schneid, albeit with an empty netter, and Trocheck extended his points streak to 7 games. He’s had a point in 11 of the 15 games he’s played. Paquette picked up his first goal as a Cane, against the team that drafted him and won the Cup with last season. With Teravainen out for a few games, Lorentz returned to the lineup. Fleury did too, although Bean stayed in the lineup with Gardiner scratched. Maybe a change there tonight. Reimer in goal.

After being shut out twice in the last 2 seasons combined, the Lightning have been shut out twice this season, both times by the Canes and both times after a 4 day break between games. Expect a big push tonight. Vasilevskiy probably goes in goal again; he’s started all but 2 of their games. We should see our old friend Curtis McIlhenney on Wednesday or Thursday.

We know we can beat this team so lets do that... Tampa I expect to be better then they were Saturday.

Tampa played pretty well the other night, I thought. They created chances, but didn't finish all that well, missing the net on some decent looks and getting stopped by Ned on others. They also over-passed on more than one opportunity and I expect that to change tonight ... especially with Reimer in net. He's a guy you generally need to break down with volume.

Speaking of McIllhinney ... it's a small sample size thanks to several long breaks in Tampa's schedule, but he hasn't been good this year and I thought he looked absolutely lost at sea in his last start. The Canes should be looking forward to that particular reunion.

Tampa has missed Kucherov, he drives so much of their offense with his high end skill and offense. If you take out Kucherov and also consider they lost Paquette, Shattenkirk, Bogosian, Coburn and Verheage who all played various depth roles in their Cup run last year, they just do not seem to have quite the bite this year compared to the last couple of years overall so far.

Tonight’s officials:

Referees:
TJ Luxmore #21, Brian Pochmara #16

Linesmen:
Travis Gawryletz #64, Ryan Galloway #82

So completely new officials from Friday and Saturday. We had Travis’ brother Brandon on the lines Friday and Saturday.

Yeah, expected Tampa to come out firing. Good on the Canes and Reimer for keeping the puck out if the net so far.

Gotta be frustrating for TB. They were jumping and Reims held the fort. 2 PKs and the Canes reach the break up one.

Back