• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Lightning 2/22 7:00

I hate to break it to Ron Francis and the Kraken, but with each passing game the chances of the Canes leaving Bean unprotected this summer are slim to none. The kid has some mad skill on the back end.

I think if you hit Dougie a time or two he plays to avoid getting hit the rest of the game. And he doesn’t bust ass getting to pucks. I wouldn’t spend a ton to bring him back if he doesn’t find a scoring touch.

Tonight's game had a nice playoff vibe about it with the intense hitting and forechecking and uncalled boardings. Good game, bad outcome, let's the next two agin them bad guys

I don’t get Abby saying the Canes were worn down. Or ground down. They were right there and all over TB in the third.

I don’t get Abby saying the Canes were worn down. Or ground down. They were right there and all over TB in the third.
Agree, I actually thought they were finally starting to push back on all that cheap BS that the Bolts were delivering.

Unfortunate, bad bounce in off Skjei’s skate on the winner, that was just an unlucky bounce after Tampa did some hard work down low. Roddy sounded like he was pleased with the effort just got beat by a great team who wanted it a bit more.

Last edited:
TB had the jump for much of this game and yet we were in it until the end. Bonehead pass in our zone by Skjei leads to a goal, but we were lucky to be in it, considering how Tampa was skating faster and beating us to the puck - until the 3rd period when I thought we got a lot better. Still, a hard-fought and enjoyable game. Agree with the comments about Hamilton....he looked slow or uninterested for chunks of this game.

Back