• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Preds 12/15 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes return home with a 2 game winning streak.

I guess what we found out on the roadie is the Canes can’t leave the Eastern time zone. Another good performance last night, Kochetkov nearly blew the game with a gaffe, but bailed the team out with 2 huge saves in the last minute. Noesen’s assist tied him for the team lead on the roadie with 4 points. RBA went with 11/7 again and spread the minutes out pretty well on D, Slavin was the only one over 20 minutes, although Skjei and Burns walked right up to that line. The team usually doesn’t have a skate on a back to back so I’d expect no lineup changes except Raanta in goal.

The Preds have gotten on a roll and climbed above NHL .500, they’re 7-3 in their last 10 and have 32 points in 29 games, 4th in the Central and in the top Wild Card spot. Filip Forsberg leads with 15 goals and 18 assists and is averaging 1.14 points per game. Ryan O’Reilly has 12 goals, Roman Josi has 17 assists. Juuse Saros has started 23 games in goal, he’s at 2.79/.905 for the season but is on a heater this month. In 5 starts, he’s at 1.57/.953. Keving Lankinen is the backup, he’s at 3.04/.903 in 6 starts. The Preds are 18th in goals per game and 12th in goals against. Their PP is 17th and their PK is 23rd but, like Saros, it’s hot this month, allowing 2 goals on 22 chances in December (the Canes are a perfect 19 for 19 on the PK this month).

Red jerseys tonight. Another national TV game on ESPN+ with Mike Monaco, Ryan Callahan and Blake Bolden on the call.

Funny. But I do have to admit that the call last night was decent. I mean, it was typical ESPN calling in that they talked about hockey in general more than the play on the ice, but that is to be expected these days. Just know that one day a play by play will be nothing but gambling lines as the play progresses, so be thankful that we ain't there yet.

Back