• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Vegas 12/19 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Golden Knights charge in for their annual visit.

Svech skated with the 4th line and with PP1 yesterday, but no commitment on whether he plays or not. If he doesn’t, I’d expect RBA to go back to a 12/6 lineup with Lemieux at 4LW.

No Cup hangover for Vegas, they lead the league with 47 points and trail the Bruins and Rangers by factions on points percentage. They’ve won their last 2 and are 7-1-2 in their last 10. Jonathan Marchessault leads with 15 goals, William Karlsson and Jack Eichel are right behind with 14. Eichel and Mark Stone have 22 assists and both average at least a point per game. Adin Hill and Logan Thompson have split time in goal, but Hill missed more than 2 weeks before returning on Sunday when he re-injured himself just over 6 minutes in. Hill is leading the league in GAA and Save % for goalies that have played at least 10 games. Thompson is at 2.48/.911 in 18 appearances but news reports said he appeared to be laboring in the 3rd. Something to keep an eye on today at their skate. Jiri Patera was recalled from AHL Henderson (the one in Nevada, not Vance County) on an emergency basis yesterday as the Knights start a 3 game roadie that will also take them to Florida. He had a 34 save win against San Jose last week in his only NHL appearance of the season. He’s at 3.17/.900 in 14 AHL appearances this year. The Knights can score and defend, 9th in goals per game, 3rd in goals against. They’re in the top 10 on both the PP and PK, 9th and 5th respectively.

Black jerseys tonight, Bally Sports South for TV

No morning skate, so lineup clarification will have to wait until RBA’s presser at 4:45

Yeah, practicing with Burns back on PP1 the other day pretty well signals a return to the press box for DeAngelo. And given that he got cleanly beaten 1v1 about six times and took a dumb delay penalty in 3 even strength shifts on Sunday, fair enough. He could be the best PP guy on earth and still not be worth it as part of a 6 man defense group.

Ugh...this one will be interesting...I would not throw a bunch of your hard earned money on Carolina on this one tonight.

Back