• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Wild 11/16 2:00

That is the shot Svech takes at the end of warmups before each game. Far side top corner right around that same spot

Svechnikov with the winner after E. Staal got caught taking an extra long shift in overtime. I didn’t like a lot about that game from the Canes perspective other than the two points, I don’t think Brindy will like much either.

That is the shot Svech takes at the end of warmups before each game. Far side top corner right around that same spot

That puck never settled down either, it was tumbling when it got to him and tumbled past Dubnyk.

Good teams win when they don't play their best...take the two points and move on to Chicago and sweep the trip!

We went to see Ford vs Ferrari last night at the Alamo Draft House and I thought it was a really, really fun film. Very much a throwback movie that could have starred Steve McQueen back in the day, except with stupidly good modern technology. Bale and Damon were both pretty spot on and that opening race sequence was fantastic ... just fun night out at the movies.
Yes, it had the look and feel of an authentic period piece and was extremely well done and acted. Very entertaining - and those race sequences were awesome.

Glad to see a win, when we maybe didn't deserve to win - although this giving up a 2-goal lead is concerning.

When this team skates, they dominate games. But when they back off a little and take a breather, they lose control of games. Not a fan right now of either Gardiner or TVR. Prefer the Fleury/Gardiner pairing, but would also be fine if Jake sits.

The big difference with this team is in OT, we just throw out wave after wave of talent. Turbo subtely takes control of possession, then you have Aho, Svech, Necas, and Hamilton ---pretty easy to have 1 or 2 of those guys on the ice for the whole OT, giving us a pretty darn good chance at scoring. Even if you dig deeper and go to Haula and Dzingel, still have speed to burn.

Edmundson’s scoring explosion coincided with a switch from CCM to Bauer sticks. As he said post game, “they better pay me!”

The big difference with this team is in OT, we just throw out wave after wave of talent. Turbo subtely takes control of possession, then you have Aho, Svech, Necas, and Hamilton ---pretty easy to have 1 or 2 of those guys on the ice for the whole OT, giving us a pretty darn good chance at scoring. Even if you dig deeper and go to Haula and Dzingel, still have speed to burn.
Yeah, that's the biggest difference so for with the infusion of talent this team got over the summer. So far 5v5 in regulation has been decidedly hit or miss as the guys still seem unsettled for some reason. But get them 4v4 or 3v3 and open up the ice a little and bam ... the Canes come at you in waves and with confidence. We've turned into the kind of team that the Canes from the Maurice days used to hate to play against ... and that's mostly a good thing.

Now Brindy just needs to find the combination that unlocks the bit where more than one line at a time plays well in regulation on a consistent basis.

Now Brindy just needs to find the combination that unlocks the bit where more than one line at a time plays well in regulation on a consistent basis.

Getting the opening day lineup healthy is a big step in that direction. Adding Haula, Dzingel and Necas to the forward group has shown that Wallmark isn’t up to playing 3C with this group. He and Haula flipped lines later in the game, I expect that to continue.

Getting the opening day lineup healthy is a big step in that direction. Adding Haula, Dzingel and Necas to the forward group has shown that Wallmark isn’t up to playing 3C with this group. He and Haula flipped lines later in the game, I expect that to continue.
I think Wallmark's style makes him a better backup option for Staal (not better than him--but can play a similar role) vs. Haula

Svechnikov with the winner after E. Staal got caught taking an extra long shift in overtime. I didn’t like a lot about that game from the Canes perspective other than the two points, I don’t think Brindy will like much either.

And that was E.Staal's shot as well when he beat Brodeur in '09.

I think Wallmark's style makes him a better backup option for Staal (not better than him--but can play a similar role) vs. Haula
I agree, and I think we're seeing Wallmark's ceiling as an NHLer. He's game enough and smart enough to stick at this level, but limited to a more defensive role. Put him with two scorers and he's not going to add much to the mix. By the same token, he's savvy enough not to get in the way either. Useful player, but limited.

Back