• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Wild 11/19 8:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Short and sweet, I’m in the cell phone lot at San Francisco airport.

After a brief stop home, the Canes hit the road for 2 games. I didn’t run into them last night as I was making my connection at the Minneapolis airport.

The Wild are off to a poor start, with 16 points in 17 games. They have a lousy home record, 2-5-1. Kaprizov leads with 10 goals and 19 points, Zuccarello has 11 assists. Fleury has started 12 games in goal but he’s injured. Guatavsson is the backup. He’s at 3.20/.901. They’re 26th in goals per game, 13th in goals against, 19th on the PP, 13th on the PK.

I think the Canes are wearing black tonight, the Wild are wearing their reverse retros. Bally Sports South for TV.

Yeah ... the Wild have been a one line team early on, the goaltending has been bad and their underlying numbers are truly terrible. Obviously the Canes have to show up ready to go, but this should be an opportunity score some goals and maybe gain a bit of confidence in the offensive zone.

So.. I expect a tight checking affair that goes deep into the third where a Carolina mistake wins it for the wild. 2-1

I’m at the game tonight here in beautiful downtown St Paul. I’m with my son, who I brainwashed at a very young age to be a Whaler/Hurricane fan. Hopefully the offense will wake up and give us a nice 5-2 victory!

I’m at the game tonight here in beautiful downtown St Paul. I’m with my son, who I brainwashed at a very young age to be a Whaler/Hurricane fan. Hopefully the offense will wake up and give us a nice 5-2 victory!
Would be nice. But I won't hold my breath

Pyotr holding down the fort but one goal is not going to cut it…Canes better get their shit together quick, not a good period.

Really hope that Pacioretti can add a little beef and scoring. Close game, no doubt, but I do worry we’re already getting pushed around with too many smallish scorers.

Kotkaniemi deserves every bit of criticism he gets from everywhere, the guy just sleepwalks through large portions of the game and then when he decides to put any effort in it usually results in taking a penalty and Bear hugging a guy. It’s some of the most unorthodox hockey you will see, I just don’t understand how a guy like that can look so disinterested with the opportunity he has been given as a second line center with decent line mates.

RBA called out guys (Not by name) said all but 2-3 just went through the motions,.. and one of those I know (not from RBA) is Jordan Martinook

RBA called out guys (Not by name) said all but 2-3 just went through the motions,.. and one of those I know (not from RBA) is Jordan Martinook
Accurate assessment…I counted maybe three good scoring chances all night for the Canes and I was sitting there in the second period watching them coast through the period and actually felt like they were going to lose that game with the way they were playing. How do you put in the effort Thursday night and mail that in tonight hoping you can cruise by an inferior team???

Back