• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Corona Cup Playoffs, Game #2, 8/3/2020, 8:00 EST

Habsy , no one has paid a goalie top money since Lunquist 8 years ago

Every other position reached new highs , but we decided to buck the trend

I am not all over the map at all , cups have been won with no goalie paid top money on the team

If your team is built to win like Colorado for example , 31 is perfect for them before Nate has to be paid

However , 31 has not played to elite status is years

Regime is to blame but Carey hasn't been great in years ….middle of the pack at best for 10.5 mil
Which other teams best player is by a wide margin their goalie? Habs are the only one. I guarantee you Vasilevsky et al playing with the Habs roster would perform far worse than Price.

Hockey is the ultimate team game, even elite individual skills mean nothing unless they can be incorporated into the team dynamic.

No one told the Habs org in their 100+ year history not to draft & develop a high end C, yet Koivu is the best the org has ever been able to do.... it is what it is

Which other teams best player is by a wide margin their goalie? Habs are the only one. I guarantee you Vasilevsky et al playing with the Habs roster would perform far worse than Price.

Hockey is the ultimate team game, even elite individual skills mean nothing unless they can be incorporated into the team dynamic.

No one told the Habs org in their 100+ year history not to draft & develop a high end C, yet Koivu is the best the org has ever been able to do.... it is what it is

Price was elite up to 2015

He has been nowhere near that level since and he hasn't been our best player by a wide margin anymore

Best players don't shit the bed for 2 months every year

Point is you don't pay top dollar to an aging vet on a team going nowhere , at a position no team is breaking the bank

Regime is dumb , we know it

Price was elite up to 2015

He has been nowhere near that level since and he hasn't been our best player by a wide margin anymore

Best players don't shit the bed for 2 months every year

Point is you don't pay top dollar to an aging vet on a team going nowhere , at a position no team is breaking the bank

Regime is dumb , we know it
Gimme a break:

- He got hurt in 2016
- posted a near .940 sv pct vs NYR in 2018 (Habs pop gun offense was outscored 4-3)
- 2019 team got considerably depleted in talent and hasn’t returned to 2017-2018 level yet

Put Price in net with Caps, Pens or TBay he’s got at least 1-Cup and likely multiple

Sure...but there's such a thing as salary cap....Pens would not have been able to afford Price's contracts through the years

Sure...but there's such a thing as salary cap....Pens would not have been able to afford Price's contracts through the years
No none told this org not to draft a multitude of offensive components they missed out on and still meet the cap with Price...and perhaps have even accomplished the ultimate feat

It’s now obvious that a solid backup helps the #1 goalie immensely, but that costs money, which means you can’t spend so much on your #1.

I think #1 goalie salaries have topped out for now to reflect that reality.

Back