• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT Game 1: @ Toronto, Wednesday, October 13, 7:00EST

Some things never change. An ineffective power play and the refs taking us out of a Leafs game with the a key call at the most opportune time for the opposition. Yes,sure, the Leafs will get a few calls against, but its all just a setup for the key call to come.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist. But in this case its not a theory. I have been writing the same above line incessantly for years.

Last edited:
Some things never change. An ineffective power play and the refs taking us out of a Leafs game with the a key call at the most opportune time for the opposition. Yes,sure, the Leafs will get a few calls against, but its all just a setup for the key call to come.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist. But in this case its not a theory. I have been writing the same above line incessantly for years.
Two Leafs go after Gallagher after a whistle but when Anderson comes in to make it a fair fight he's the only one sent to the box with under 2 minutes left to play? Hmmm-kay.

I just fail to see how you could rationalize only sending one guy to the box on that play. They say we have an instigator rule but when do they ever apply it? Instigation gets called less than half as many times as retaliation, which is why you have retaliation to begin with. Punish the guy who starts trouble rather than the guy who reacts to it or defends himself against it.

Two Leafs go after Gallagher after a whistle but when Anderson comes in to make it a fair fight he's the only one sent to the box with under 2 minutes left to play? Hmmm-kay.

I just fail to see how you could rationalize only sending one guy to the box on that play. They say we have an instigator rule but when do they ever apply it? Instigation gets called less than half as many times as retaliation, which is why you have retaliation to begin with. Punish the guy who starts trouble rather than the guy who reacts to it or defends himself against it.
Terrible call. I was waiting for it.

BTW - gotta say I’m loving the ESPN+ app, watched the game last night on a flight back home.

I’m having a much better experience than NHL Center Ice thus far through preseason & game 1

BTW - gotta say I’m loving the ESPN+ app, watched the game last night on a flight back home.

I’m having a much better experience than NHL Center Ice thus far through preseason & game 1
It is nice to have the NHL on the "Worldwide Leader" as opposed to Fox. Now all ESPN has to do is rehire Gary Thorne and Bill Clement to work the booth.

I prefer NHL Live to ESPN+ but that's based on one game so far.

Back