• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #50, VS Ottawa, Saturday, May 1st 7:00EST

4X4 is a non starter
Then tell him go fck yourself.
He is not worth more than that. 5 M for someone who score less than 10 goals now, imagine in few years?!?! We are paying Toffoli less than this. I know it is C vs F but, 5 will be another suicide move like Weber, the overrated Carey and Byron.

I could have lived with that if he was the only case but Habs already dealing with two crazy overpaying contract.

Last edited:
Plus why Habs drafted Poehling? The kid seems to finally be ready for NHL. He can do the 3rd C job, and at worst it is him and Evans for 3rd and 4th. Either way Dano is not top 1 and 2, and Habs STILL need someone to play as top C.

Suzuki, KK, Poehling, Evans are our future at center at the moment, Danault is merely a short term insurance policy, he can't be part of our long term vision. I'd probably let him explore the UFA market but would be prepared to give him a 2 years contract, 2x3.5 or 2x4.

I actually feel we need Tatar more than Danault next year.

Last edited:
Suzuki, KK, Poehling, Evans are our future at center at the moment, Danault is barely a short term insurance policy, he can't be part of our long term vision. I'd probably let him explore the UFA market but would be prepared to give him a 2 years contract, 2x3.5 or 2x4.

I actually feel we need Tatar more than Danault next year.

Great post GW , Dano is not part of the future or insurance policy

Those 4 are our C`S , if it doesn't work you go in a different direction

But you don't double down on making a wrong another wrong on a term contract

I wouldn't go more than 1 year , that's it .

Sure... He is getting purely defensive by aging and his production will drop even more.
Will you go to give a shut down guy 5 M?

Good question....Why did they draft Beaulieu, Tinordi, McCarron, Sherbak,
They were supposed to be top pairing/lines.
Poehling was drafted to be at best a solid 3rd C.
The expectation was/is much lower for him and i am fine with that. It is actually helping the kid.

Since I have yet to see it mentioned....Is this a wrong time to mention Habs have now won their last 3-OTs, dominating possession in all of them...

Danault, ne marquera pas dans les séries éliminatoires et ne contiendra personne
He contained Crosby, Malkin and Giroux last year. I have no concerns on his shutdown ability, regular season or playoffs. I just don't count on him for much offense.

He contained Crosby, Malkin and Giroux last year. I have no concerns on his shutdown ability, regular season or playoffs. I just don't count on him for much offense.

I don't see it this year , last year was a BS format

4 months off and right to the playoffs that we didn't deserve …...that's absolutely ridiculous in any sport

There was no momentum leading up to the playoffs , no time to prepare , boom drop the puck and playoffs

I don't see it this year , last year was a BS format

4 months off and right to the playoffs that we didn't deserve …...that's absolutely ridiculous in any sport

There was no momentum leading up to the playoffs , no time to prepare , boom drop the puck and playoffs
So they shouldn’t include TBay amongst list of a Cup winners?

While they’re at it, why not eliminate the Cup champs during WWII, the US teams from 39-41 did not have any impact to their rosters the way CDN teams did due to war efforts

Back