• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT | Game 51 | VS Stars | Saturday, February 10 | 1:00PM EST

I hope everyone here has gotten used to a team that will never be good enough to win and never be good enough to fail, because that's where this team's headed.
If we can’t finish bottom 3 with this joke of a lineup, I don’t know how else we can do it. We have just a little too much of a competitive spirit. It is what it is.

Buffalo is better, for sure. They’ll likely finish ahead of us. Anaheim and Columbus are worse, I think.

Ottawa… better roster on paper. But what a awful, stupid franchise. Not surprised if the finish last in the division.

Buffalo is better, for sure. They’ll likely finish ahead of us. Anaheim and Columbus are worse, I think.

Ottawa… better roster on paper. But what a awful, stupid franchise. Not surprised if the finish last in the division.
I will take either roster over ours right now with out coach

They never "fell" into it. It's the only culture that team has had since Gilbert Perreault retired.
They were best during the mid Perrault years but still an ok middle of the pack team for most of a 20 years period from the mid eighties to 2006 or so. The Lafontaine, Hasek/Peca etc and Briere editions generally were competitive and had a shot. They looked good coming out of the lockout that first year, and seemed to be have adapted to the new game. Then the wheels came off.

I never much cared for them because they were for a long time (and may still be?) the only older franchise with a winning record against us. Shame though-management ruined a good hockey town.

They were best during the mid Perrault years but still an ok middle of the pack team for most of a 20 years period from the mid eighties to 2006 or so. The Lafontaine, Hasek/Peca etc and Briere editions generally were competitive and had a shot. They looked good coming out of the lockout that first year, and seemed to be have adapted to the new game. Then the wheels came off.

I never much cared for them because they were for a long time (and may still be?) the only older franchise with a winning record against us. Shame though-management ruined a good hockey town.
I used to like them in the 70s and early 80s because half their games were carried on free, over the air TV that I could get in suburban Toronto. Many nights when Ballard had the Habs game blacked out in order to force feed the Leafs to viewers, I was saved by Channel 2 out of Buffalo that had a Sabres game I could watch instead. Sometimes it would be a game against the Habs that was blacked out in CBC Toronto.

I used to like them in the 70s and early 80s because half their games were carried on free, over the air TV that I could get in suburban Toronto. Many nights when Ballard had the Habs game blacked out in order to force feed the Leafs to viewers, I was saved by Channel 2 out of Buffalo that had a Sabres game I could watch instead. Sometimes it would be a game against the Habs that was blacked out in CBC Toronto.
Harold had to protect his TV market which was from the Ottawa River to Van Island

I had a soft spot for them as a kid. Liked the French connection line.

Back