• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Acquire Joel Edmundson

Anyone know of Edmundson plays with an edge? Are they looking for a tough guy because they get pushed around?

He can dish out hits. But Habs already have Weber and Chiarot that do that. How many of those guys do you need in a league where the trend is mobile d-men?

Only thing I can think of is they want Weber to do it less? This move really makes no sense to me. If they think he's of value the pro scouting dept needs fired. The lot of them.

He can dish out hits. But Habs already have Weber and Chiarot that do that. How many of those guys do you need in a league where the trend is mobile d-men?
This guy is 6' 4" though , with some offensive upside 7 goals 20 points. I guess those stats trump his horrible advanced stats.

All of these pawn moves are about protecting the Queen , Carey Price. New backup goalie to reduce the workload, another big body on the back end to fortify the protective wall around him.

Yeah but Edmundson? You can sort of understand the Allen move but Edmundson? So baffling.

Only thing I can think of is they want Weber to do it less? This move really makes no sense to me. If they think he's of value the pro scouting dept needs fired. The lot of them.

we were using ouellette and folin on the bottom pair....he’s a better option thnq those two.

this also allows the organization time to develop their young D. If Romanov, Fleury and Juulsen arent ready at least you have some NHL depth on D rather than AHL depth

it’s depth, simple as that, no need to look further.

there’s a thing called a salary cap

and it looks like it won’t be going up for a while, and we have lots of expiring contracts next summer. Something has to give or Bergy has learned nothing

I’m not a fan of Ouelette/Mete but they gave up zero goals vs Philly.

Our lack of offense is why we lost.

Signing guys like Jake Allen and Edmunson will help us make the playoffs, but won’t move the needle when we get there.

Back