• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Nate Thompson from Kings

Someone else needs to go. Roster was at 23 before the trade. I expect Chaput to be sent down? Or Hudon out for a pick?

Don't play until Thursday, so wouldn't be surprised if Mete was "sent down" until they figure it out.

At least he's an NHL caliber player who can win draws.

4rth line is shaping up into what Julien likes, size and grit

Bob McKenzie:
Thompson will help MTL on PK, faceoffs and depth. Great teammate. Speed is average — one pro scout wondered how he would fare in track meet game like Saturday’s MTL-TOR tilt.

Bob McKenzie:
Thompson will help MTL on PK, faceoffs and depth. Great teammate. Speed is average — one pro scout wondered how he would fare in track meet game like Saturday’s MTL-TOR tilt.

Hopefully fare better than the fourth line the other night. They lost us the game

Eric Engels:
Whichever player is being waived by the Canadiens tomorrow has already been filed with the league as a non-roster player. So no paper transaction required to make room for Thompson.

Once Byron’s back and assuming no more injuries, DLo will be eating lots of hot dogs in the press box

Exactly. But strange to see Mr. Glass is Half Full so down on this acquisition. He's better than Chaput (I hope) and we're talking 4th line duties.

Back