• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Evolving Roster - Lead up to 2020-21 Training Camp

worm

When are arbitration cases scheduled? To me that’s the huge milestone, if teams walk away from good players who win cases (which I expect), the market will be flooded with talent and $alarie$ should crash through the floor
i saw somebody was scheduled for oct 22
so sometime around then

worm

Gionta`s game tailed off big time at 30-31

He was a 15 goal scorer , and hit 40 points once
i would say 31
but i also would not say he tailed off big time but did tail off

ignoring his one obviously fake year he went from a 45ish (once at 60) to a 35ish point player

xposbrad

I'd rather lose Gallagher for nothing than re-sign him to a bad contract.

In an ideal world, trade him to a contender and get a 1st+ in return.

Even if we are a bubble team, we're going to be close enough at the deadline so he's not going anywhere. But, I think the expectation is this is now a playoff bound team unless Weber + go down.

GEEMAN

i would say 31
but i also would not say he tailed off big time but did tail off

ignoring his one obviously fake year he went from a 45ish (once at 60) to a 35ish point player

great, we gave a 35 point player in his 30`s 6.5 mil

top shelf move

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
I wonder how much of this happens without COVID thrusting the team into the limelight

CH1

It's more that the playoffs let Bergevin see what KK and Suzuki are capable of I think
That’s my point; we’re not seeing shit if COVID didn’t interrupt the season and started a new one where we played much better

CH1

The gamble is based 100% on COVID Suzuki & KK being the real deal.

there were other pluses; Chariot is built for playoffs (let’s get another D like that) Price can still be elite (let’s get him a proper backup)

CH1

Ben was bad vs. Flyers.

i agree... he’s not suited to being a first pairing guy for long stretches...but I think MB generally liked the fact that “he was difficult to play against” that’s become his new mantra, and he even has Habsy repeating it

Sal_Butera

i agree... he’s not suited to being a first pairing guy for long stretches...but I think MB generally liked the fact that “he was difficult to play against” that’s become his new mantra, and he even has Habsy repeating it
The other gamble: I get the feeling the org is banking on Romanov at some point during the season to win over the 1st pairing LD gig slotting both Chiarot & Edmundson down a notch.

Some real Cheech & Chong s*it...

Reactions: CH1

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire