• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

Suzuki should be playing center. That's what he did all his life. He is too good not to play at center.

Ideally, if KK had a netter camp so far, he could be moved to the second line and Domi placed on the wing. This would open up the 3rd line to provide suzuki to center it.

Hopefully KK wakes up because so far, Suzuki is showing way more than him.

Poehling is concussed.

New year, same shitty & apathetic medical staff.

He gets checked, hits his head, looks dazed & is slow to get up.

...Yet he continued to play.

I wonder how many times this needs to happen before someone wakes up and figures out what a concussion looks like. Maybe we need a top prospect like Conor Timmins to have his career derailed due to concussions before taking any actual action.

I wonder how many times this needs to happen before someone wakes up and figures out what a concussion looks like. Maybe we need a top prospect like Conor Timmins to have his career derailed due to concussions before taking any actual action.

Wilth all due respect, you have no qualifications, at least to my knowledge, to say that.

Wilth all due respect, you have no qualifications, at least to my knowledge, to say that.

Cool, do you (or anyone here) have any qualifications to talk about politics? Or economy? Or [insert topic x]?

And yet you (and everyone) do. Spare me that bullshit.

I don't need a medical degree to know that when a player gets hit to the head, is wobbly and has a hard time getting up, there's a strong chance he's been concussed. The same way I know that if someone gets a puck to the face and that if his nose looks like a boomerang, he probably has a broken nose. I don't need a medical degree for that, a pair of eyes and functional brain is more than enough.

But sure, feel free to ignore the various times over the past few years that this very same medical staff has sent back out players that got hit to the head only to see them get diagnosed with a concussion the day after and stand on the alter of "They know better because!" to support their malpractice. When the Pittsburgh Penguins' medical staff messed up with Crosby's concussion issues, they were all justifiably fired. I didn't need a medical degree to see that it was a good decision.

https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/1175147019977068545

FYI: There was a concussion spotter in attendance in Bathurst. There was also one looking on from New York. Neither sought to have Poehling pulled from the game.

4:37 PM - Sep 20, 2019

Cool, do you (or anyone here) have any qualifications to talk about politics? Or economy? Or [insert topic x]?

And yet you (and everyone) do. Spare me that bullshit.

I don't need a medical degree to know that when a player gets hit to the head, is wobbly and has a hard time getting up, there's a strong chance he's been concussed. The same way I know that if someone gets a puck to the face and that if his nose looks like a boomerang, he probably has a broken nose. I don't need a medical degree for that, a pair of eyes and functional brain is more than enough.

But sure, feel free to ignore the various times over the past few years that this very same medical staff has sent back out players that got hit to the head only to see them get diagnosed with a concussion the day after and stand on the alter of "They know better because!" to support their malpractice. When the Pittsburgh Penguins' medical staff messed up with Crosby's concussion issues, they were all justifiably fired. I didn't need a medical degree to see that it was a good decision.

We are obviously entitled to have an opinion but your post pretty much shows why you, and probably all of us here, are not qualified to render on opinion on the quality of the work of the team’s doctors regarding concussions.

Last edited:
We are obviously entitled to have an opinion but your post pretty much shows why you, and probably all of us here, are not qualified to render on opinion on the quality of the work of the team’s doctors regarding concussions.
This kind of talk is nothing new. Price's chronic fatigue being diagnosed by his wifes nutritionist, question regarding Weber playing with the tendon injury for as long as he did. Price an Montaya taking shots off the mask back in 2018/2019 season and staying in game. Danault sore neck that if memory serves turned out to be a concussion in early 2019?

Then why are you even here? Just shut the forum down and just let only the hockey people talk about hockey, nobody here is "qualified" to.

Back