• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

I have this sneaky suspicion that he'll give Gallagher max term in return for a bit of a discount. Gally would probably get $7M on the open market (although I do concede the market is in great flux right now) and in order to bring it down to $6-$6.25 level MB will offer term.

I would be shocked Gally getting 7 years in the open market , optics have changed

He wouldn't, that was my point. I think he takes less money for longer term and I also think MB offers it up.
Term is the big problem

How did Simmonds age ? Benn has had 2 declining seasons in a row , etc.....

You hand him 7 years …...your getting 3 bad years …...a smaller AAV doesn't help

Your not talking about a HHOF player like GGPX mentions , less skilled guys like Gally slip faster and quicker

Gally , Dano, Price , Petry , Weber and JD is not the right mix to have nearly half a cap tied too

I'm not agreeing that he should be signed to 7-8 years, just have a gut feeling it'll happen.

Honestly? I'd try to re-sign Gallagher at 4 years x $9M if I could. Hell, I'm not even sure he'll still be good in 4 years.

Of course it's an overpayment. The money amount on his next deal isn't that much of an issue. What is going to kill us with Gallagher is the term.

However, I'm all but resigned to the fact that he's going to get both money and term.

Honestly? I'd try to re-sign Gallagher at 4 years x $9M if I could. Hell, I'm not even sure he'll still be good in 4 years.

Of course it's an overpayment. The money amount on his next deal isn't that much of an issue. What is going to kill us with Gallagher is the term.

However, I'm all but resigned to the fact that he's going to get both money and term.

Do you see players like Hall , Hoffman , Krug getting term this offseason

Pietro will get paid with term

Possibly Hall, possibly. Otherwise no.

They may be better off taking short-term 2 year deal and go again when COVID is in the rearview.

I'm talking about the players. They might be better off taking shorter term then trying to get bigger bucks in a couple of years.

And I wouldn't give him that many years, I think MB will though.

Do you see players like Hall , Hoffman , Krug getting term this offseason

Pietro will get paid with term
Yes - it’s not as if 30-teams are bleeding red. There are more than enough teams that have the ability to pay, albeit some of those will be restricted unless they can create cap space.

If I'm MB, I'm waiting to see how the UFA market plays out before negotiating.

BINGO , but its following the second tier of UFA`S

Dano and Gally don't have the Pietro / Hall / Krug clout

If Hoffman gets 3-4 years , no need to go 6+ for GALLY for sentimental reasons

The cap is flat for 3-4 years , UFA is no different next year

I don't want Gally past age 33, that will be a terrible contract if we sign him more than 4 years. If he's asking for too much, you need to trade him. We can't let him walk for free and this club isn't exactly overloaded with high end prospects.

BINGO , but its following the second tier of UFA`S

Dano and Gally don't have the Pietro / Hall / Krug clout

If Hoffman gets 3-4 years , no need to go 6+ for GALLY for sentimental reasons

The cap is flat for 3-4 years , UFA is no different next year
Hoffman is a goal scorer and mostly on the PP. Terrible comparable. The rest of his game is far worse than Gallagher's.

Back