• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: Regular Season 2019-2020

I've honestly never been.

I don't know what the atmosphere over there is, but I like calmer places.

My spot is the Big in Japan bar on the corner of St-Laurent & Rachel right next to Pattati Pattata. I saw worm took a picture there when he was in town.

My spot is the Big in Japan bar on the corner of St-Laurent & Rachel right next to Pattati Pattata. I saw worm took a picture there when he was in town.
Was never a fan of Big in Japan....it’s like any other bar, except more expensive because it’s been featured on TV shows like Anthony Bourdain

Was never a fan of Big in Japan....it’s like any other bar, except more expensive because it’s been featured on TV shows like Anthony Bourdain

You're talking about the restaurant, though? The restaurant was a little more south on St-Laurent before closing.

I always found the bar to be superb. It is a little bit more expensive, but I didn't go there more than once every 2 or 3 months at most.

You're talking about the restaurant, though? The restaurant was a little more south on St-Laurent before closing.

I always found the bar to be superb. It is a little bit more expensive, but I didn't go there more than once every 2 or 3 months at most.
No i’m talking about the Bar.....which has the weird tables, glass corridor when you walk towards the back....and the short Asian dude with glassed (owner).....and the famous red door (if i remember correctly)

Yeah, that's the bar.

The door isn't red anymore and it looks like a hole in the wall when you pass in front. Never saw the owner, though.

That place had/has a cool vibe. I thought it closed.

The owner bought me a drink once....maybe that's where Rolex got his intel

So he pays the drink and I pay for dinner? Does he know there are drinks that are more expensive than the entire dinner?

Yeah, that's the bar.

The door isn't red anymore and it looks like a hole in the wall when you pass in front. Never saw the owner, though.

Didn't one of those "something something" in Japan places get busted for health violations a few years ago.

A good and (actual) Japanese Bar in Montreal is Gokudo. Killer cocktails.

http://www.gokudo.ca/home/

Might have. The guy who introduced me to Big in Japan loves everything Japan and every new Japanese place that opens, he'll be there. I've been meaning to go to Gokudo one of these days. Maybe when the world isn't so weird.

Might have. The guy who introduced me to Big in Japan loves everything Japan and every new Japanese place that opens, he'll be there. I've been meaning to go to Gokudo one of these days. Maybe when the world isn't so weird.

Gokudo has legit Japanese drinks made with Japanese ingredients

that was the place that is just a random door that leads down a hallway then has this weird maze like seating?

Good read on the Gallagher/Danault situation and Bergevin's thoughts moving forward.

A little piece I found interesting but there is much more so I suggest reading it.

But disregarding what Gallagher said about the lack of importance he said he is placing on money, Bergevin’s response would suggest it is not that simple. It would suggest Gallagher would like to be paid for what he is, which is the 10th best even-strength goal-scorer in the NHL over the past three seasons. Better than David Pastrnak, Sebastian Aho, Brad Marchand, Artemi Panarin and Jack Eichel, who sit 11th through 15th on that list.

Marc Bergevin suddenly has negotiating leverage and now everyone knows it
https://theathletic.com/2137136/202...everyone-knows-it/?source=user_shared_article

Back