• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2023-24 Season

Edmunson-Petry is a very good pairing. A very good second pairing, that is. Where’s the first pairing?
There was never going to be a traditional “1st pairing” this year once Weber was announced out for the season - it was going to be a 3pairing D system based on peanut buttering TOI relative to specialized skill sets - Pk, PP, late period / game situations

Very much like no 1st, 2nd or 3rd line but a top-9 based on depth and a 4th line that could outmatch opposition w Armia & Lekhonen

There was never going to be a traditional “1st pairing” this year once Weber was announced out for the season - it was going to be a 3pairing D system based on peanut buttering TOI relative to specialized skill sets - Pk, PP, late period / game situations

Very much like no 1st, 2nd or 3rd line but a top-9 based on depth and a 4th line that could outmatch opposition w Armia & Lekhonen

True , but not when 4 of your 6D are useless

Works if you have 2 3D , 3 4-5D , and 1 so called slug

Combined with an anemic offence , ouch

D has no identity , slow , no transition game , doesnt produce offence .

I’ve read that the top of the draft is very strong this year, basically Timmins-proof (or whoever is the Scouting Director by then).

After decent playoff runs in 2010 and I believe it was 2014, as well as last year I was hopeful a winning culture might take hold. That we might get back to being a serious contender every year. Instead its been all one shot efforts, resulting in nothing but reversal of fortunes soon after each time.

Ad hoc roster building I suppose.

After decent playoff runs in 2010 and I believe it was 2014, as well as last year I was hopeful a winning culture might take hold. That we might get back to being a serious contender every year. Instead its been all one shot efforts, resulting in nothing but reversal of fortunes soon after each time.

Ad hoc roster building I suppose.

maybe a contender on a video game

Team was a mirage the last 2 years

Back