• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2023-24 Season

But 9 out of 10 don't wind up calling the cops.
And you have all the facts?

I know someone that got arrested for spitting on their husband. Seriously.

I don’t condone any sort of violence let alone domestic violence but you really are judge, jury and executioner on so many topics. Life is lived in the gray, it’s rarely black and white.

On Roy, I gave him leniency when charged with assault (which were quickly dropped) because of what's already been said. But when I witnessed him sending his son to ATTACK the other goalie, who DID NOT want to fight and beat him anyways....I thought then that, criminal charges should have been laid. He's more then a hot head....complete assh*le in my opinion.

On Roy, I gave him leniency when charged with assault (which were quickly dropped) because of what's already been said. But when I witnessed him sending his son to ATTACK the other goalie, who DID NOT want to fight and beat him anyways....I thought then that, criminal charges should have been laid. He's more then a hot head....complete assh*le in my opinion.
OJ Simpson was a legendary running back as well...

And you have all the facts?

I know someone that got arrested for spitting on their husband. Seriously.

I don’t condone any sort of violence let alone domestic violence but you really are judge, jury and executioner on so many topics. Life is lived in the gray, it’s rarely black and white.
I can afford to be judge, jury, and executioner since on the internet we aren't real but merely avatars of ourselves. It's like how Jerry Seinfeld played a guy named Jerry Seinfeld on a sitcom. It's him, but it's not him. That's how I view myself and the people I interact with on the internet. We are all just versions of ourselves here but we aren't really ourselves.

In Roy's case, I'm sure his ex wife is a "see you next Tuesday" but you only had to look at her to know she was the type of chick who likes to bang hockey players. They hang out at every junior hockey rink in the country. If you're a player you bang them occasionally but you don't marry them if you have any sense. Roy had no damn sense. But once he was in it it was his cross to bear and nothing prevented him from just divorcing her. A more rational person would have just removed himself from the situation because getting to the point where you're ripping doors off of hinges or smashing television sets and having the cops called to your house just ain't worth it. But that's my point. Roy isn't a rational person, he's a red ass, a hot head. A guy who doesn't think before he acts. That's not someone who should be managing a multi-billion dollar sports franchise.

Maybe, just to make things worst, we also had the unfortunate luck of running into some of the hottest teams in the league at the start of the season? Excluding Toronto, the other 4 teams we faced have a combined record of 14-2-1.

Not excusing our poor performance, but our opposition, despite weak on paper, all started hot.

Last edited:
If nothing improves I would trade Toffoli and Petry. It's clearly not working out this year with these guys, one too slow on a slowish team, the other on the decline. They probably would fetch a decent return with their reasonable contracts and could contribute more on other teams with better rosters.

Back