• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2023-24 Season

Not for an elite defensive center. Not anymore. $5m is about right actually.

Thats fine let him be some other teams problem

He will never be that difference maker player in the playoffs

If he is our top 6 , no good .

he will be nearly 29 when his next deal kicks in

If we have to rely on Dano as top 2C we are fuked

He brings zero offence to the table , nice player but want no part of that term contract

Couldnt care less about his Selke worthy details , we was useless in the playoffs
Dude are you watching the games? There is no 1C, 2C, 3C, and he hasn’t turned 28 yet

Reactions: CH1
Dude are you watching the games? There is no 1C, 2C, 3C, and he hasn’t turned 28 yet

Yes and your missing my point

His a third liner on a contending team

Elite defensive centers are Bergeron , Kopitar etc...

I think we are overhyping his value , he isnt a difference maker

We can afford to pay him now....and when KK and Nick graduate to next level and more dough, Danault will be easy to trade if they have to

None of four lines have been anchors, so that makes it easy to roll out 4 lines consistently. We'll see how long that lasts with the injuries.

Yes and your missing my point

His a third liner on a contending team

Elite defensive centers are Bergeron , Kopitar etc...

I think we are overhyping his value , he isnt a difference maker

Shutdown defensive centers are difference makers. He's worth around 5M, that's not overhyping his value. He's not Bergeron or Kopitar élite and he won't command that type of money either.

Shutdown defensive centers are difference makers. He's worth around 5M, that's not overhyping his value. He's not Bergeron or Kopitar élite and he won't command that type of money either.

That awesome tremendous 5/5 analytic line did fuk all in the playoffs offensively .

If they were even average we were in the semis , they made no impact at all

I expect KK and Nick to make significant progress this year

If they do 5 mil for a 3rd C who will play a lesser role in the future is dumb money

If they don’t take a major step we are in trouble

So now you are in a position where if we don’t improve , regime is forced to ink him to keep him in the top 6
because it’s the easy thing to do .

Similar to Gallagher give him a 50% raise , there is no upside as they exit their prime years

Da fuk all line still shut down Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Voracek. He's worth it, just like Carbo would have been worth it in a cap world, but because of the cap, I'm not sure how to fit him. I prefer Danault at 5 than Byron and Edmundson at 3.4 and 3.5. i don't like 6 years though, i don't see his game aging well value wise.

When Suzuki/KK need new deals, you are basically fked. You dump Dano if he's asking for 5m+. I would flip him with a pick for a young dman. You have RP to test out and Suzuki is ready to take over.

Back