• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2023-24 Season

That's a pretty good sign, but don't penalties decrease for all teams as the season moves on? Even so, that's a pretty drastic drop, so it looks like a good job by Ducharme there. Would also be interesting to see how the Habs penalties' drawn stats compare between Julien and Ducharme.

Still 4-6 weeks.
MB is one lucky SOB. First the pandemic, and he’s the GM of the only CDN team w cap space to spend. As long as Gallagher doesn’t need surgery and can return 4-5 weeks, MB just won the cap space jackpot and he’s got all the leverage in a buyers market

I’m expecting two asset acquisitions for W and Dman.

Allow me to speculate...Nick Foligno & Kulikov

That projection means that he misses the first round of the playoffs.
Dom Dom said they don’t think he needs surgery but Dr’s need swelling to dissipate before official timeline. If surgery in fact is not necessary, I expect Gallagher will be back w 4-6GP left in the season (1st week of May)

If the Canadiens bring in a big salary to replace Gally then how could Golly return before the playoffs start because the cap only goes away once the playoffs start.

If the Canadiens bring in a big salary to replace Gally then how could Golly return before the playoffs start because the cap only goes away once the playoffs start.
As Count would put it much more eloquently than I.....stop being a cap snowflake!

No offense, that makes no sense. If the Habs make a big trade by the deadline then Gally likely can’t return before the playoffs start. So what?

That player/s most likely will be rentals

I don't see too many trades involving players with term with the expansion draft in the summer

Back