• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2023-24 Season

It’s rather naive to believe that Bergie doesn’t see that Price-Weber don’t bring much to the table....Molson did not want Price gone, just like he stepped-in to get the Subban contract signed

I don’t understand your point at all. I have no desire to hire him, and have never said that I do. But it’s a nice straw man argument. The GM does not have to be a French speaking ex-player . . . unless that person is a very solid candidate.
The GM will always be a French speaking person, as long as Molson owns the team...same with coach. It doesn’t have to be an ex-player, but most of the time it is

The GM will always be a French speaking person, as long as Molson owns the team...same with coach. It doesn’t have to be an ex-player, but most of the time it is
I don’t believe the GM has to be a French speaking person but that doesn’t mean he can’t be.

I don’t believe the GM has to be a French speaking person but that doesn’t mean he can’t be.
I think Molson is very cautious with trying at all cost to avoid rocking the Quebecois boat...he hasn’t shown or said anything to prove the contrary. He’d rather hire the lesser candidate because they speak French

It's laughable --- the players discuss the lack of support between D and Forwards after every loss.
Players have no respect for DD...might just have been better leaving Julien-Muller there. Now players just see DD as a lame duck interim coach

I think Molson is very cautious with trying at all cost to avoid rocking the Quebecois boat...he hasn’t shown or said anything to prove the contrary. He’d rather hire the lesser candidate because they speak French
He’s only hired one GM so you’re basing that belief on a tiny sample size. And he could hire another French one who could turn out great. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE CURRENT ONE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND THAT’S A FACT.

I see that Biden pretending to be the second-coming of FDR really got you fired up tonight

And yes, i would definitely replace Bergie with a better candidate, if such French candidate exists. At this point, even McGuire might be better (Worm, I’m joking)

(and I’m basing my beliefs on what Molson has said numerous times in interviews)

It's laughable --- the players discuss the lack of support between D and Forwards after every loss.

And a while back the forwards were coming down low in the D end to support at the cost of losing the blue line and more pressure. Why? Lost one on one battles, poor passes under pressure, etc.

Poor execution undermines everything.

I see that Biden pretending to be the second-coming of FDR really got you fired up tonight

And yes, i would definitely replace Bergie with a better candidate, if such French candidate exists. At this point, even McGuire might be better (Worm, I’m joking)

(and I’m basing my beliefs on what Molson has said numerous times in interviews)
I did not watch Biden tonight.

I don’t care what Molson has said. He’s hired one GM. I want a better one even if a better one can’t speak at all.

Well, if Roy got the job, I would no longer be a Habs fan. Patrick lost all respect when he sent his son to beat up the opponent goalie who obviously did not want to fight. That was simply pathetic! I gave him the benefit of doubt when he was charged with assaulting his wife but after sending his son.....I see him only has nothing more then an arrogant bully. Can't stand the man.

I can't imagine Patrick Roy negotiating contracts and building a proper development structure for this team. He's too temperamental and if he's not winning, I can see it going real south very quick. He would probably make rash decisions and sink this team for a long time. Can we stop with the familiar names and go with the best person for the job? Oh ya, he has to speak french so I guess Patrick Roy it is and another 10+ years of being an average team.

Reactions: CH1
I think Roy understands that he's only getting a coaching job. And that's if he's not been blacklisted by all the teams for pulling that shit on Avs by leaving them hanging last minute

I can't imagine Patrick Roy negotiating contracts and building a proper development structure for this team. He's too temperamental and if he's not winning, I can see it going real south very quick. He would probably make rash decisions and sink this team for a long time. Can we stop with the familiar names and go with the best person for the job? Oh ya, he has to speak french so I guess Patrick Roy it is and another 10+ years of being an average team.
So who is the “best person” - try and put a list together as an exercise...it’s not cut & dry.

I would say Chris Drury who lives a town over.... he wants nothing to do with a job for any CDN market.

So who is the “best person” - try and put a list together as an exercise...it’s not cut & dry.

I would say Chris Drury who lives a town over.... he wants nothing to do with a job for any CDN market.
I like Pat Brisson’s background in every way.
But I do believe that if you can’t throw a ball, or in this case shoot a puck, you probably should not be a pro team GM (not referring to Brisson, obviously, he was a good player in the Q.).

Last edited:
Back