• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2023-24 Season

Looks like Jake Allen is going to get an extension.

No reason not to extend. He won’t be too expensive and he’s decent enough for a rebuilding team until they’re ready to contend again for a playoff spot, hopefully in a couple of years.

No reason not to extend. He won’t be too expensive and he’s decent enough for a rebuilding team until they’re ready to contend again for a playoff spot, hopefully in a couple of years.
I'd sign him at the end of the season, I don't see much need to extend him right now.

Reactions: CH1
I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if on a contract year, after 4 years of mediocrity, is finally the year he does something. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more of the same. I think his injuries, mostly his wrists, messed up his game. He used to have a booming shot. We barely saw any of that with the Habs.

I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if on a contract year, after 4 years of mediocrity, is finally the year he does something. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more of the same. I think his injuries, mostly his wrists, messed up his game. He used to have a booming shot. We barely saw any of that with the Habs.
I’d lay big odds on “more of the same.”

I think its easy to predict what will happen to JD and the team in general. Every year the start of the season is loosey goosey , perfect for the Habs forwards and Marty's style of play. They may win a fair share of their games and score a bunch of goals. Then, as teams tighten up their defence, JD and the team will become totally lost and sink into long losing streaks.

Back