• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024 Offseason

The thing with Monhan is health. Im crossing my fingers he stays healthy and we make a good deadline deal. I suspect him to tweak something, play through it or play off and on with diminished results. Hope i'm wrong.

The thing with Monhan is health. Im crossing my fingers he stays healthy and we make a good deadline deal. I suspect him to tweak something, play through it or play off and on with diminished results. Hope i'm wrong.
need load management NBA style

He said in an interview that this is the first time in about 10 or more years, where he’s actually been healthy. He said that that season of healing was usually significant. I think that we got a diamond in the rough with this guy.

Lavoie is trash.

McCarron with less grit and better wheels. He makes shit for brains look like a Mensa member.

Monahan's a hell of a player, nobody's ever disputed that.

But... He's injury prone. And not just the odd injury like breaking a finger when blocking a shot. He's gotten multiple hip surgeries and close to 75% of last season due to a foot injury.

I can't, in good conscience, give him term. The probabilities that it'll blow up in our faces are too high.

Trade him by the halfway point this season, try to get a first or an interesting prospect in return.

Bourgault's the only prospect Deadmonton has that I'm really interested in. I'm not considering Holloway/Bouchard, they're NHLers at this point.

Bourgault instantly becomes, at the very worse, our second best forward prospect. Maybe even our best.

Bourgault's the only prospect Deadmonton has that I'm really interested in. I'm not considering Holloway/Bouchard, they're NHLers at this point.

Bourgault instantly becomes, at the very worse, our second best forward prospect. Maybe even our best.
If they're willing to part with Bouchard (which I doubt) then by all means grab him. But we're pretty deep on the blue line. Bougault is a center.

Monahan's a hell of a player, nobody's ever disputed that.

But... He's injury prone. And not just the odd injury like breaking a finger when blocking a shot. He's gotten multiple hip surgeries and close to 75% of last season due to a foot injury.

I can't, in good conscience, give him term. The probabilities that it'll blow up in our faces are too high.

Trade him by the halfway point this season, try to get a first or an interesting prospect in return.
I agree but I think we will need to factor in that Monahan likes it in Montreal and HuGo like Monahan. Because of this I can see them giving him 4 years if he stays healthy this year. I too think it a mistake. I would prefer the Nick Lidstrom method, pay the man $6m, he's worth it, but on a year to year basis.

I agree but I think we will need to factor in that Monahan likes it in Montreal and HuGo like Monahan. Because of this I can see them giving him 4 years if he stays healthy this year. I too think it a mistake. I would prefer the Nick Lidstrom method, pay the man $6m, he's worth it, but on a year to year basis.
I would be perfectly fine with this.

The $ isn't an issue for me, it's only the term.

If he stays healthy for the year i have no problem signing him to 3 years, maybe 4... as many have said on here, sometimes we have to go for the home run.. a healthy Monahan for 3 years maybe 4 would be a homerun..

Back