• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024 Offseason

He could net us a decent haul at the deadline.
Who can? JA has negative value, so you'd have to add a draft pick to trade him. I don't think we have any decent trade bait (guys we want to dump who are older/expiring contracts) who can get us anything good. Also, the habs will be borderline wildcard again.

I wonder which teams are on his no trade list, he has 8 now, 5 starting next year

this year probably all 6 other CDN based teams and probably Detroit/Columbus

Next year, probably Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Calgary, Winnipeg

A season is a marathon not a sprint, over time I’ve learned never write off veteran track records unless there’s clear signs of deterioration due to health.

Anderson’s speed has not fallen off a cliff, nor has he suffered a major injury…. probability would state by end of the season he’ll output his standard 22-27G prorated

Remember, there’s a familiarly that exists between MSL / Anderson - MSL was brought in as PP coach by Torts which coincided w Anderson’s career year (19-20)

MSL stated at end of last season and again before start of season and Hughes mentioned last week - they’ve asked Anderson to change his game and are satisfied with how he’s adapted.

I wouldn’t expect them to devalue their asset by stating otherwise but still worth pointing out

Last edited:
Would be stupid to give up on Anderson....his size and speed combo will be needed going forward.

We are just missing Dach right now, so lines are screwed up.

With Dach back next year, we have a balanced top 9, and everyone should fall into their ''normal'' spots

Really loving Barron's play...they actually gave him 25 minutes of ice time...could be a steal

Would be stupid to give up on Anderson....his size and speed combo will be needed going forward.

With Dach back next year, we have a balanced top 9, and everyone should fall into their ''normal'' spots

Really loving Barron's play...they actually gave him 25 minutes of ice time...could be a steal
Anderson has no value to this team right now

Habs have too many young D , hope Barron can be a top 6 regular

I really like his play. One particular move by Barron last night, where he held it, and walked the line and then made a great pass, stood out to me. He’s playing with a lot more poise and confidence this year.

I really like his play. One particular move by Barron last night, where he held it, and walked the line and then made a great pass, stood out to me. He’s playing with a lot more poise and confidence this year.

That sequence stood out. Big league shit right there.

Honestly, this is how many D prospects you’re supposed to have if you want a blueline without overpriced rejects from lesser teams

Back