• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

As a therapist, I worked with a few former players who didn't make it. Players who were in Junior, may have done East coast may have played some Europe or may The transition from having everything programmed, and knowing where you're going and what you're doing to being in a goalless life with no structure can be debilitating for ex players.

I might come off as crazy at times. Strike that. I do come off as crazy as times. I experience everything is a choice, and feel free to negotiate my relationship with pretty much every social norm.

I worked with people like Jonathan and similar situations to his before. I have a huge amount of compassion for him.

I hope he's getting good help. I think most therapists aren't crazy enough to do good work. I'd love to have a chance to sit with him. If anyone knows him send him my way.
Yup. The amount of times I've heard ex-players in all of the top sports point this specific point out is incredible.

When everything is regimented and everything is organized, and then literally overnight, that doesn't exist anymore? It's like the biggest part of your life doesn't exist anymore and it's one of the reasons so many players end up sticking in the sport in another capacity because they can return to that structure.

It's particularly difficult for players that don't have a family/kids.

As a therapist, I worked with a few former players who didn't make it. Players who were in Junior, may have done East coast may have played some Europe or may The transition from having everything programmed, and knowing where you're going and what you're doing to being in a goalless life with no structure can be debilitating for ex players.

I might come off as crazy at times. Strike that. I do come off as crazy as times. I experience everything is a choice, and feel free to negotiate my relationship with pretty much every social norm.

I worked with people like Jonathan and similar situations to his before. I have a huge amount of compassion for him.

I hope he's getting good help. I think most therapists aren't crazy enough to do good work. I'd love to have a chance to sit with him. If anyone knows him send him my way.
Nice pun.

A number of years ago, I ended up getting drunk with Darcy Tucker. It was my birthday and he was in Halifax for some sort of Hometown hockey thing. He had good support when he left the league and didn't have a super hard time according to him and he told me that a lot of guys really struggle but the league has a lot of structures in place. Not the league the nhlpa... Transitioning from Junior like the Mooseheads to college when you've been spending your whole life with one goal of being a career hockey player is really difficult.

It's funny but the hardest loss for a lot of people is typically a dream.

When my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer 10 years ago we were trying to have another kid. That stopped. And letting go of that dream was really really quite difficult. Now, I'm grateful I've got two kids and a wife rather than three kids and no wife.

Yup. The amount of times I've heard ex-players in all of the top sports point this specific point out is incredible.

When everything is regimented and everything is organized, and then literally overnight, that doesn't exist anymore? It's like the biggest part of your life doesn't exist anymore and it's one of the reasons so many players end up sticking in the sport in another capacity because they can return to that structure.

It's particularly difficult for players that don't have a family/kids.
Yup. Without any structure at all or families, they can have massive existential crises. I happen to love existential crisis.

A number of years ago, I ended up getting drunk with Darcy Tucker. It was my birthday and he was in Halifax for some sort of Hometown hockey thing. He had good support when he left the league and didn't have a super hard time according to him and he told me that a lot of guys really struggle but the league has a lot of structures in place. Not the league the nhlpa... Transitioning from Junior like the Mooseheads to college when you've been spending your whole life with one goal of being a career hockey player is really difficult.

It's funny but the hardest loss for a lot of people is typically a dream.

When my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer 10 years ago we were trying to have another kid. That stopped. And letting go of that dream was really really quite difficult. Now, I'm grateful I've got two kids and a wife rather than three kids and no wife.
Great post buddy !!!!
Happy that all turned out great for you and your family 👍

Then again Belak had a beautiful wife and kids and still ended his life. But maybe had brain trama, thats whole different story.

Then again Belak had a beautiful wife and kids and still ended his life. But maybe had brain trama, thats whole different story.
There was an article in the athletic about the use of psychedelic therapy for traumatic brain injuries and former players I'll dig up the link and post it here. Car bomb is a founder in a major player in this...

Case closed

They probably will be back

But we need to be realistic about this team

Covid is the first star , gifting us 2 playoffs

Nero simply built a roster for 6 months based on a week division , and a bible with Price and some luck

If regime is basing their future on this run they need their heads examined in a normal season next year

Team still needs reconstruction and more faith in the youth

This Romy benching is pure lunacy

I would love to enroll in of those supervised medical megadose shroom sessions.

Back