• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

It has been well documented that in the spring of 2015, the Canadiens were hot on the heels of Artemi Panarin, believed to be the other finalist for the right to sign him. They lost out to the Chicago Blackhawks.

What might not be quite as well known is that the Canadiens lost out to the Blackhawks on signing two European free agents that offseason. The other was an offensive defenceman with Frölunda in Sweden, a player the Canadiens hoped at the time could add some depth to their blue line and perhaps work his way into a power-play rotation behind P.K. Subban and Andrei Markov.

Yes, that defenceman was Erik Gustafsson, who went on to shine for the Blackhawks in 2018-19 before eventually finding his way to Montreal and the team that wanted him back then.

Just ask him about Canada's Prime Eunuch, he'll have glowing things to say about him as he calls anyone who has a dissenting opinion him a right-wing shill.

Just ask him about Canada's Prime Eunuch, he'll have glowing things to say about him as he calls anyone who has a dissenting opinion him a right-wing shill.
I'm not in love with JT, I'm just not particularly enamored of the western hillbilly neo-fascists currently infesting the CPC. He is simply the lesser of two evils (the NDP are never going to govern) and unlike the Cons, LPC policies don't require us to invent a time machine so we can go back to that mythical era when Canada was nearly completely white, anglo-saxon, Protestant, and straight.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that O'Foole is a Leafs fan, which demonstrates an absence of leadership ability right there. Not coincidentally, his messiah Steve Harper was also a Leaf blower.

tenor.gif

More wins

Back