• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Long term investments vs shorter term payoffs
The mark of a bad organization when they value short money over patience which might bring them exponentially more money down the road. but today's business model is about quick turnover. it's about what you can sell the team for today, not 5 years from today.

If the Habs manage to win it...I would strongly look into it. That was the big mistake in 93, St Patrick should’ve been dealt that summer...especially for the NYR offer.

Anyway, that’s a conversation for another time, and not appropriate now..
Weber realistically only has one year left after this season at $3M. I don't think he's going to play for $1M, and if he does, he becomes a very valuable asset.

Carey, on the other hand, isn't going anywhere unless he asks to leave. He's got one more season at eye-popping money, and after that it's lower than his caphit.

Weber realistically only has one year left after this season at $3M. I don't think he's going to play for $1M, and if he does, he becomes a very valuable asset.

Carey, on the other hand, isn't going anywhere unless he asks to leave. He's got one more season at eye-popping money, and after that it's lower than his caphit.

Yup, Weber should be getting a rash after next season

He will he back for the start of next season

A missed year wont help unless we are tanking for Wright
Missed the point...

Use that $7M in LTIR along w Chiarot’s $3.5M post expansion draft and grab a top pairing Dman - preferably Seth Jones.

Let Weber take the full season and be healthy & rested for playoffs

Missed the point...

Use that $7M in LTIR along w Chiarot’s $3.5M post expansion draft and grab a top pairing Dman - preferably Seth Jones.

Let Weber take the full season and be healthy & rested for playoffs

Weber would rather die than watch the games in his civvies.

I think Jones makes more sense for LA than Eichel.

LA Kings has so many center prospects and their defense is dreadful.

Back