• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

“da Kucherov” is in full throttle mode for the org

Hamilton & Jones hunt is on

Weber will be back in uniform game 1 of playoffs

I might believe this but Shea don't play that game. He wouldn't miss a practice, let alone 82 games.

Though, I do find it weird that one day he can play a high intensity 25 mins per night and the next day he needs a year off.

I might believe this but Shea don't play that game. He wouldn't miss a practice, let alone 82 games.

Though, I do find it weird that one day he can play a high intensity 25 mins per night and the next day he needs a year off.
NHL hasn’t passed their judgement of Weber’s situation, what’s in it for MB to say anything BUT the doomsday scenario...retirement, which includes crippling their Southern expansion strategy darling Preds w recapture penalty?

An opportunity has presented itself...and MB is using it

We have cap space....we need to hugely overpay to convince Jones or someone similar to come here. Money talks...even though yesterday Gord Miller said on MTL radio that almost all players have Canadian teams on their no-trade list
The worst kept secret in the league. Canadian teams are the literal reason that NTC's even exist. Even a limited NTC will include the 7 teams in Canada.

next CBA remove the NTC option.

make an amendment that every game in the playoffs the roster on the ice must be under the salary cap. Let them carry over the cap but not ice over the cap.

next CBA remove the NTC option.

make an amendment that every game in the playoffs the roster on the ice must be under the salary cap. Let them carry over the cap but not ice over the cap.
Neither the league executives nor the NHLPA gives a shit if Canadian teams are placed at a competitive disadvantage. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

If this were a concern the league would have an equalization metric whereby teams in cities with higher taxes could exceed the cap to the extent to where a dollar in Montreal really was worth as much as a dollar in Tampa or Seattle or Nashville.

The clown dude is saying that Hbas have two trades completed but not sure when they will be announced and no info on who is involved..

Friday night can't get here fast enough....

anything is possible but I tend to believe him here....
Ray mentioned awhile back that Weber's sister (?) mentioned that Shea's foot is fucked. Like really messed up. It must have gotten way worse.

I would too now that he's proven mentally struggling with the game. It can flair up at anytime and I think the best for him is to play in anonymity somewhere if he does want to continue.

Drouin won’t all of a sudden discover a new gear or a new aspect to his game.

What we’ve seen from him is the best we’ll get going forward….he’s mid-20’s now. He’s not a dmen or goalie where it takes time to develop. He is what he is…and that basically means he never grew into the star forward everyone was hoping he’d be

Back