• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Drouin won’t all of a sudden discover a new gear or a new aspect to his game.

What we’ve seen from him is the best we’ll get going forward….he’s mid-20’s now. He’s not a dmen or goalie where it takes time to develop. He is what he is…and that basically means he never grew into the star forward everyone was hoping he’d be
Sure, but he's still a solid playmaker who could do some firework with a scorer like Caufield on his line.

He had trouble scoring last season but he was playing a more complete game. Regardless, he has a spot on our top 9 for sure, we're not especially deep at LW.

I might believe this but Shea don't play that game. He wouldn't miss a practice, let alone 82 games.

Though, I do find it weird that one day he can play a high intensity 25 mins per night and the next day he needs a year off.

Nero has to find 2 legit top 4 D in Weber`s absence

D is thin already , we will get crucified with a patch job this summer

Next year, be prepared to eat lots of crow like these playoffs...and there won’t be the Covid “excuse”
I prefer quail

Nero needs to pull rabbits out of his ass to make the playoffs

This D will be gassed out by Christmas if 2 legit 20+ minute munchers are not added

Petry cant be a 1 and Chariots on fire needs to be a third pair only

There as no excuses the last 2 years ......it was all Covid

He got 53 points twice before. Lotsa natural skill, but it comes with soft play and a less than 200 ft game.
The soft play doesn't bold well with how guys like Suzuki and Anderson play....Drouin needs to be able to go dig pucks out of corners.

We all love Weber.....but if you are telling me we are losing Weber and gaining Dougie, then we are a better team going forward.

Losing Dano will only hurt us in the playoffs....but let's focus on making the playoffs first, then we worry about who wins us the faceoffs when we get there.

KK not taking a big forward step has hurt any plans we have of being a legit contender. Imagine if KK plays to the potential of a #3 pick....we don't lose in 5 games against Tampa...

We all love Weber.....but if you are telling me we are losing Weber and gaining Dougie, then we are a better team going forward.

Losing Dano will only hurt us in the playoffs....but let's focus on making the playoffs first, then we worry about who wins us the faceoffs when we get there.

KK not taking a big forward step has hurt any plans we have of being a legit contender. Imagine if KK plays to the potential of a #3 pick....we don't lose in 5 games against Tampa...

Legit contender talk is a long ways off

I like the thought of adding Krejci on a two year deal.

Nope, we lose in 6.

We enjoyed the ride
"We" weren't whining about the Habs run per se, just about fans who happily forgot all about objective reality while conning themselves into thinking that the run was the beginning of something great instead of it actually being the end of something and a complete, one-off fluke facilitated by a global pandemic.

It didn't take long for events to prove us right. Price is finished. Weber is finished. Danault is going and this team is reverting to the mean.

Back