• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Not really, what's the point of firing him mid-season? He's doing great right now, for the tank.
As bad as this team has been there are key parts of the future being developed right now. A season spent failing drastically under Dominique Duffus's broken system is probably going to have a negative impact on that development.

As he coached the junior team here in Halifax, and with great success, I liked the hire. He has a very even disposition, and that is evident now in his public front. However junior success and an even temperament will only get you so far, and the team looks lost.

The even disposition serve him well, and he should get to reboot his career. He’s just not an NHL HC.

Maybe they'll go with an anglophone VP of coaching operations and then a French HC.
LOL I was thinking along the sample lines. Gorton should hire a coach consultant (I am sure he must be brainstorming with colleagues as we speak) to figure out what needs to be done not just now but going forward.

As bad as this team has been there are key parts of the future being developed right now. A season spent failing drastically under Dominique Duffus's broken system is probably going to have a negative impact on that development.

If he's toxic or detrimental to player development then yes, that would make sense.

LOL I was thinking along the sample lines. Gorton should hire a coach consultant (I am sure he must be brainstorming with colleagues as we speak) to figure out what needs to be done not just now but going forward.
He wants torts, media will crucify him.

Back