• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

The season pretty much comes down to how much upside Nick and KK flash this year.

If they step up, we will have an exciting and winning team. Otherwise, we’re in bubble territory.

The power play has to be better right? I hope to see Petry on the first unit. Maybe Weber in the Ovy position.

I think the PP hasn’t improved. Petry is still the only QB. Read an article today that recommended playing a five forward second unit.

The PK should be outstanding.

I think the PP hasn’t improved. Petry is still the only QB. Read an article today that recommended playing a five forward second unit.

Disagree - I expect Toffoli will have an enormous positive impact on the Habs PP. Wasn’t the Habs PP top-5 on the road last year?

He’s not a QB. There’s only Suzuki and Petry than can run the pp. who else? Kk? That needs to be seen.

last yr, Petry hopped on the PP with 40 seconds left. He needs to be the guy. And Nick needs to be more involved. I have no illusions of greatness but being mediocre would be a huge step up. The PP was decent on the road last yr, so maybe no fans will help!

Habs apparently lost 22 one goal games last season. A functioning pp and that is the difference between bubble and comfortably in.

FWIW, Friedman said Bergevin may not be done wheeling and dealing.

The season pretty much comes down to how much upside Nick and KK flash this year.

If they step up, we will have an exciting and winning team. Otherwise, we’re in bubble territory.

The power play has to be better right? I hope to see Petry on the first unit. Maybe Weber in the Ovy position.
Finally a realistic assessment of the Habs chances. I think its wayyy too much pressure on these kids AND CRAZY EXPECTATIONS (like Marinaro bragging how Suzuki took Crosby to school in the playoffs) . MB will buckle and acquire a vet centre, a month into the season.

Finally a realistic assessment of the Habs chances. I think its wayyy too much pressure on these kids AND CRAZY EXPECTATIONS (like Marinaro bragging how Suzuki took Crosby to school in the playoffs) . MB will buckle and acquire a vet centre, a month into the season.
People thinking they are definitely a playoff team, even if they’re not, is not “CRAZY EXPECTATIONS.” Saying they’ll win the Cup is but no one has said that.

People thinking they are definitely a playoff team, even if they’re not, is not “CRAZY EXPECTATIONS.” Saying they’ll win the Cup is but no one has said that.

Agree. There's reason for optimism... especially if the young pivots continue their progress.

Back