• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

That's an absolute joke. So that and the Anderson hit are similar infractions? Gtfo with that crap nhl.

Wildly inconsistent
So when Slaf got hit in the Dallas game, no penalty call and it's all Slaf's fault for not keeping his head up. But when Slaf is the hammer instead of the nail? 5 and a game plus 2 games. He wasn't even really trying to nail the guy like Anderson was. Total shit but totally consistent with how this team gets worked over at every turn by the officials.

Yeah. That’s an appeasement to Detroit.

The problem I have with it is it shouldn’t be dependent on severity but intent. Anderson completely ran Pietrangelo and with that intent deserved suspension. 20 did nothing of the sort. I get it and am ok with it because of severity but that should not be the deciding factor as it clearly was in this case.

The problem I have with it is it shouldn’t be dependent on severity but intent. Anderson completely ran Pietrangelo and with that intent deserved suspension. 20 did nothing of the sort. I get it and am ok with it because of severity but that should not be the deciding factor as it clearly was in this case.
Exactly!

It was a dangerous hit and completely boneheaded. Honestly I'm happy it's not more

The NHL only reacts to results and the bad publicity that attends them. So if the result of an assault doesn't result in tragedy, it's "no harm, no foul". Start punishing intent, regardless of result, and players will think twice before drilling an opponent's head into the dasher board. You don't have to be the Amazing Kreskin to know that the Anderson hit had an element of malice aforethought and that Slaf's hit had precisely none of that. But the end result of Slaf's hit was worse than Anderson's so he "must" get suspended.

Habs underlying numbers are horrid. We'll sink soon enough. #hopeforbrad

1668108760350.png

I don't see it. Maybe in December but by then bottom 3 is gone.

Here's the problem, look at the schedule for the rest of November and tell me which team the Habs can't beat? Pretty weak schedule. They will lose some sure but I can easily see a 500 record out of the next ten games.

4FCDE257-7D4C-438A-A8C5-C05541C75E93.png

I don't see it. Maybe in December but by then bottom 3 is gone.

Here's the problem, look at the schedule for the rest of November and tell me which team the Habs can't beat? Pretty weak schedule. They will lose some sure but I can easily see a 500 record out of the next ten games.

View attachment 13996
Last seasons poor performance was driven by setting an NHL all time record for man games lost due to injury + shortest off season in NHL history for a Cup finals team nonetheless + loss of 2-core elements (Price & Weber).

So Dach is officially a winger now.....all good......which means we need that top 5 pick, or Pierre-Luc Dubois eventually (2024 UFA), as per french radio this morning in MTL

Last seasons poor performance was driven by setting an NHL all time record for man games lost due to injury + shortest off season in NHL history for a Cup finals team nonetheless + loss of 2-core elements (Price & Weber).

Correction ....was driven because the team is shit

So Dach is officially a winger now.....all good......which means we need that top 5 pick, or Pierre-Luc Dubois eventually (2024 UFA), as per french radio this morning in MTL
Until Dvorak goes down and we need a center

Price and weber were the only good players that were hurt and they are still hurt.

Back