• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Not sure if anyone posted this link, Slaf is writing this blog for Slovak/ Czech version of nhl.com, was translated to French by Martin Laflamme

For all of us armchair GMs, would you have started Slaf off in Laval this year?

No, I am of the view he is too good for Laval and would have gotten into bad habits. I don't believe in the rote view that if you are 18 you go to minors. I do not see why it worked for guys like Bergeron, Skinner, the Truth and cannot work for Juraj. That said, playing him with Evans and Pezzetta is a mistake. He looks far better higher up in the lineup.

For all of us armchair GMs, would you have started Slaf off in Laval this year?
No… Adam Nicholas has been spending significantly more time w Habs than Laval players.

I suspect he’s been spending a lot more time w Slaf than we get to see from the limited org tweets, and that was the real development plan along w MSLs presence w big club

The coaching in Laval probably sucks. They're all MB hires, and the head coach is Peanut Houle's son, so he's probably dumb too, like his father.

The coaching in Laval probably sucks. They're all MB hires, and the head coach is Peanut Houle's son, so he's probably dumb too, like his father.
Who Hughes is tight with - in fact trained him at his summer camps in early 90s after his college playing days, & who subsequently took over Hughes & his brothers summer camp.

Back