• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

It has a lot to do with players being bigger contracts earlier than before. Teams trying to milk them.
Wouldn’t it be better though to maximize those entry deals to get 3 productive seasons out of them, instead on wasting 2 so that they can learn in the NHL? Caufield came in ready. Guhle also hit the ground running. What’s the issue?

What happens if he goes to Laval and does worse under Houle? I don't trust the coaching rn. Even with the big club.

They need to bring in a stabilizing force as associate coach.

What happens if he goes to Laval and does worse under Houle? I don't trust the coaching rn. Even with the big club.

They need to bring in a stabilizing force as associate coach.
I’m not even concerned about Houle coaching - who’s Slaf going to play with that’ll push him to be much better? Belzile?

For all the whining about playing w Evans & Pezzetta - they’re better than what Laval has

I really think this is getting overblown. The team is a tire fire and people are worried about Slafkovsky.

Here's how I see it, the NHL is by far the hardest hockey league in the world and you're either going to make it through all the adversity as a 1OA or you're not.

How many first overalls went to good teams?

I'm not worried about Slafkovsky. As the team gets better he will improve too.

Back