• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Jokes aside, this is an absolutely devastating injury. Yeah, it helps the tank this year, but you can't help but worry if this will affect Caufield longterm.

Any time you have a serious injury to your best scorer - and best scorer we've had in pretty much my entire lifetime - directly on a part of his body that he needs to be immaculate to score goals?

Bad news all around.

Jokes aside, this is an absolutely devastating injury. Yeah, it helps the tank this year, but you can't help but worry if this will affect Caufield longterm.

Any time you have a serious injury to your best scorer - and best scorer we've had in pretty much my entire lifetime - directly on a part of his body that he needs to be immaculate to score goals?

Bad news all around.
Kessel had the same surgery and came out ok

Maybe he'll be fine, but I don't like it anytime an athlete has to get surgery that requires months and months of rehab.

Bad news all around.
yep

Maybe he'll be fine, but I don't like it anytime an athlete has to get surgery that requires months and months of rehab.
It's not that big a deal. I've had it done on both shoulders and they are indeed stronger than before. Less worried about Labral than any knee or wrist I'll tell you that.

Sounds like Caufield has been playing with his injured shoulder for 2-3 months.

Pretty impressive to be scoring at the pace he has been.
Again, most people have some sort of Labral tear. You can live through them with some minor to moderate discomfort. Guaranteed he could have finished the season if there was any need to win. Shutting him down is taking away Marty's toys, need to stop the winning.

Back