• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Habs are on a 11-2 run where they basically decided to choke off their opponent's forwards and let their D get the best looks

1st round (last 3 games).
Leafs score 6 goals -- 3 by Dmen

2nd round
Jets score 6 goals -- 3 by Dmen

3rd round
Vegas score 11 goals - 7 by Dmen

overall; opposing forwards have scored 10 goals in the past 13 games

Habs are on a 11-2 run where they basically decided to choke off their opponent's forwards and let their D get the best looks

2nd round

3rd round

Trade everyone!

2nd round

3rd round

So what do we do vs Tampa because Hedman is better than anyone they have faced so far? He is Pietro on Steroids.

You're truly unbelievable
One fluke playoff run in an artificial situation necessitated by a global pandemic doesn't magically erase 9 years of Bergevin's mismanagement. The day after the Cup is awarded the Habs will still be a team with a lot of boat anchor contracts and aging vets who will never be as good as they are right now. If we win the Cup, I'll gladly watch Bergevin drive the franchise off a cliff next year and just shrug it off. But Bergy is going to find out that with increased success comes increased expectations. He will no longer be GM of the perennial underdogs who are never expected to win. And hell hath no fury like Habs fans with actual expectations.

The fact that you can't even see it says volumes. Enjoy the run, worry about next season in the fall. Incapable man. Just slow down the brain and enjoy!

The fact that you can't even see it says volumes. Enjoy the run, worry about next season in the fall. Incapable man. Just slow down the brain and enjoy!
I'm enjoying it, even more than I have in past years just because it's been so long. I almost don't remember what it feels like to watch a final in which I have a rooting interest other than rooting against a team I dislike.

Agreed , he will a very expensive checking 3C center if he doesn't go to the right fit

He needs to be Pageau who can produce in the playoffs to get 5 mil with term

Nice player , but we will be a back to normal bubble team next year
Yes its a funny league. What brings success is the regular season doesn't necessarily translate to success in the playoffs. Its a fine balancing act.

Back