• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

HHN/ESPN/TNT ... broadcasting access, tips and notes

Can we add HHN (Hurricanes Hockey Network) to the title of the thread? BTW, glad there was the discussion about the way to watch as I was getting frustrated.
Since Sinclair and Bally don’t exist anymore with regard to the Canes broadcasts, they’ve been removed.
 
Since Sinclair and Bally don’t exist anymore with regard to the Canes broadcasts, they’ve been removed.
Thanks, Andy! The information coming out about Spectrum and Prime has been scattershot at best, so I’ve been relying on everyone here to spell it out for me. The Hurricanes sure could use this group’s help in formulating one concise message about how to watch the first 2 games and when the Prime option is available.
 
OK, so let's summarize.

The first game is an ESPN exclusive ... so you'll watch that on ESPN. I assume sports fans have access to that already. Looks like there will be no locally produced TV broadcast for games that are set to be shown on ESPN, TNT or ABC. I think they will still do a local radio broadcast for those games.

The second game is available free to air on either WRAL or Fox 50 locally. They will announce which before the game at some point. It will also be available on the Amazon Prime service, which will be a separate subscription price service. You cannot purchase that service yet, but you can go ahead and favorite the game on Friday as a reminder. Check back on that website on Friday and you should be good to go. It's also available on Spectrum cable. All the HHN games will be available to stream on Prime (by paying a fee) or on Spectrum (with a cable service subscription). They announced a deal with FUBO today as well. I've been told that the team are still negotiating with DirecTV but that a deal is not a given.

If you're not local to the RTP then you can watch any or all of the games on ESPN+ or CenterIce

Here's the link to the Canes webpage for TV access. It gets updated as they add new information and there are FAQs for each option that cover most of this stuff.

 
Actually ... just now got a text from the Hurricanes and you can purchase the Amazon Prime subscription starting today. If you're eager to hand over some bucks, you're in luck

For those hungering for details, I subbed by opening my Prime Video app, selected "sports" at the top of the screen, selected NHL from the league option list on that page and then scrolled to the Canes/Caps game thumbnail. From there it gave me the option to subscribe, and once I clicked that it gave me the option to pay monthly or annually following the 7 day free trial. Easy enough.
 
OK, so let's summarize.

The first game is an ESPN exclusive ... so you'll watch that on ESPN. I assume sports fans have access to that already. Looks like there will be no locally produced TV broadcast for games that are set to be shown on ESPN, TNT or ABC. I think they will still do a local radio broadcast for those games.

The second game is available free to air on either WRAL or Fox 50 locally. They will announce which before the game at some point. It will also be available on the Amazon Prime service, which will be a separate subscription price service. You cannot purchase that service yet, but you can go ahead and favorite the game on Friday as a reminder. Check back on that website on Friday and you should be good to go. It's also available on Spectrum cable. All the HHN games will be available to stream on Prime (by paying a fee) or on Spectrum (with a cable service subscription). They announced a deal with FUBO today as well. I've been told that the team are still negotiating with DirecTV but that a deal is not a given.

If you're not local to the RTP then you can watch any or all of the games on ESPN+ or CenterIce

Here's the link to the Canes webpage for TV access. It gets updated as they add new information and there are FAQs for each option that cover most of this stuff.

Yea. I posted yesterday that Sundheim told me they are still actively talking to directv. He said DTV customers should reach out to them to let them know they want the channel
 
Already regretting ditching Spectrum several months ago. I despise the current streaming marketplace. I wish we had options for cable around Raleigh. I've heard Sling isn't bad. But Spectrum, as pricey as it seems, is 10x better than having 12 different streaming services.
 
Last edited:
Already regretting ditching Spectrum several months ago. I despise the current streaming marketplace. I wish we had options for cable around Raleigh. I've heard Sling isn't bad. But Spectrum, as pricey as it seems, is 10x better than having 12 different streaming services.
You can always go back if you want.
 
Sirius XM is hilarious with their strategy. I signed up for a $5/month for a full year intro offer years ago and cancel on the last month so I don't get hit with the $25/month normal subscription fee. I wait a mere week and sign back up at $5/month thanks to their email begging.
 
Sirius XM is hilarious with their strategy. I signed up for a $5/month for a full year intro offer years ago and cancel on the last month so I don't get hit with the $25/month normal subscription fee. I wait a mere week and sign back up at $5/month thanks to their email begging.
I've been cancelling and accepting the $6 renewal offer with XM for years. I despise FM radio.

As for Spectrum, they've tried. But everything is way too expensive. I also don't want their internet service, and it seems they're hung up on making you take both last time I checked. Last cable TV package I had was basically ala carte. I should pick and choose up to 18 channels a month. But I also don't see that option online. I'm sure if I called they'd offer it again. But I want it without internet. I think last time I had the 18 channel ala carte deal it was about $40 a month with fees and taxes. Lowest current option with ESPN etc is $100.
 
Sirius XM is hilarious with their strategy. I signed up for a $5/month for a full year intro offer years ago and cancel on the last month so I don't get hit with the $25/month normal subscription fee. I wait a mere week and sign back up at $5/month thanks to their email begging.
Many years ago, we bought the "lifetime" option for both of our cars. For a while, it was a bruising battle to get that transferred to a new vehicle, but we finally one the day when we told them that that was how the pitch was presented to us. Now, it's just a nominal transfer fee and that's OK with me.
 
Back
Top